Flo Max prescription ?

Modern Muzzleloading Forum

Help Support Modern Muzzleloading Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

City Rat

Reaction score
are any of you guys taking flomax ? Have you had any side effects from it ? I took it the first day and all was ok but the second and third day I had a head ache. I didn't take it the fourth day and no head ache.

I had the head aches too but they stopped after a few days .

most likely the headaches are from the meds working and clearing you up. Time for me to get something as well. Tired of being stuffed up all the time.

I'm surprised at your age Jon you would think you had these issues or that you have developed this problem being so young.

Tamsulosin relaxes the muscles in the prostate and bladder neck, making it easier to urinate. Tamsulosin is used to improve urination in men with benign prostatic hyperplasia (enlarged prostate).

Side Effects
Tamsulosin may cause dizziness or fainting, especially when you first start taking it or when you start taking it again. Be careful if you drive or do anything that requires you to be alert. Avoid standing for long periods of time or becoming overheated during exercise and in hot weather. Avoid getting up too fast from a sitting or lying position, or you may feel dizzy.
If you stop taking tamsulosin for any reason, call your doctor before you start taking it again. You may need a dose adjustment.
Tamsulosin can affect your pupils during cataract surgery. Tell your eye surgeon ahead of time that you are using this medication. Do not stop using tamsulosin before surgery unless your surgeon tells you to.
There are many other drugs that can interact with tamsulosin. Tell your doctor about all medications you use.

By the way guys, good job on putting this is in the correct subject listing, thanks.

I was on Flomax for a few months, off of it now. It really did not help. Mark

FrontierGander said:
Time for me to get something as well. Tired of being stuffed up all the time.
You pee out of your nose?   :lol!:

Sorry Jon, I couldn't help it.

I guess mix ups like this happen when theres a 40 year age gap :D :D

FrontierGander said:
I  guess mix ups like this happen when theres a 40 year age gap :D :D
Maybe the mix ups is at the other end.  Any chance he's using FloNase to clog things up when he should be using FloMax to free things up?  :shock:

Mine only works for a few months then it just stops helping. If I quit using it for a month  and then start back it works again.

you guys that flomax didn't help, what did your DR do ? Did they give you something else or what happened ?

They reamed me out and things are working again. It was not fun but you have to do what you have to do. Mark

I use a med called Tolteridine. It really has helped.
Ron

I already take 5 blood pressure medications, Lipitor, and a diuretic. I'm glad I don't have to take a pee pill too.

When I still was taking long distance motorcycle trips, the urge to go was a constant hassle. I took back roads as often as possible. In fact, I rarely was on a highway. When nature called, it said "right now!" In the open plains, there was rarely a tree to go behind or a hillside for cover. And, there was no waiting to find a less exposed place.
The tolteridine I mentioned above reduced the intense demand to go, reduced the frequency of having to go, and allowed it to build up so there was a greater flow. It made a real difference. It made travel much more of a pleasure, even allowing me to ride 800 miles one day. (I'll never do THAT again!)
Ron

RonC said:
When I still was taking long distance motorcycle trips, the urge to go was a constant hassle. I took back roads as often as possible. In fact, I rarely was on a highway. When nature called, it said "right now!" In the open plains, there was rarely a tree to go behind or a hillside for cover. And, there was no waiting to find a less exposed place.
The tolteridine I mentioned above reduced the intense demand to go, reduced the frequency of having to go, and allowed it to build up so there was a greater flow. It made a real difference. It made travel much more of a pleasure, even allowing me to ride 800 miles one day. (I'll never do THAT again!)
Ron
Same here Ron, doesn't matter if it's riding one of my Harley's or bouncing down the road in my F-350, I don't have near the range that the fuel tank does!

Before I started taking the Tolteridine, I pulled into a gas station/mini-mart and rushed into the building, fully decked out in my motorcycle gear. There was a line for the men's room and no one waiting for the lady's room. As soon as the lady's room occupant left, I rushed into the open bathroom, pulling on zippers and buttons, while saying aloud: "Sorry guys! I just can't wait!"
No one complained, but there were a few laughs to be heard.
Ron

My Doc was afraid my bladder was going to burst so I had green light laser surgery done. Things are much better now. I always had to go but could not. I was afraid to go any where. No sleep either.  Mark

Latest posts

Back