Under-Hammer ?'s

Modern Muzzleloading Forum

Help Support Modern Muzzleloading Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Reaction score
Looking for all pic's on the sights you have used, peep/open/scope & mounts bases. Bbl. diameters, Forearm pic's to observe the attachment used, pinned / d&t for screws. I saw a nice looking peep someone posted in past several weeks looked like the Company had it for around $25. It looked old style. Sometimes i create my own head aches. This 13/16" diameter bbl. does not have thickness to pin it. So for those who know more tell me if it is ok to pin forearm on.

My first was this underhammer and I've been a fan ever since. Still have it but have finally put it out to pasture for a good rest which it deserves. H&A Heritage model in .45 (actually closer to a .44) and weighs only 3 oz short of 8 lbs.

PICT0387-1.jpg

Hard not to love the simplicity & elegant form I say. Never had the pleasure of handling one but hope to piece one together someday. Would love to have a pacific rifle co zephyr but they're too dang pretty. They offered a "peephorn" rear sight that looks like a neat concept at least to me.

Here are a couple of mine... all home built..
They be couple nice rifles you have. I have .40 cal. light bbl. with a 1:48 in it. I have 7/8" x 32" coming in a 1:24 .40 cal. I may get another bbl. to switch out, it would be a tapered bbl. with a 1" breech down to a .850". I have not fully decided yet on that or the cal.

Hard not to love the simplicity & elegant form I say. Never had the pleasure of handling one but hope to piece one together someday. Would love to have a pacific rifle co zephyr but they're too dang pretty. They offered a "peephorn" rear sight that looks like a neat concept at least to me.
Marbles Sight Co. makes those full Buckhorn rear sights your mentioned as a peep-horn.

The barrel on my H&A is a true wonder. I ordered it with progressive rifling and the accuracy, even after all these decades, still astonishes me. The forearm is off temporarily to repair a crack in the wood. This is one of the bobcats I killed with it back in the 1960s.

PICT0695-zps86f2d6b6.jpg

The barrel on my H&A is a true wonder. I ordered it with progressive rifling and the accuracy, even after all these decades, still astonishes me. The forearm is off temporarily to repair a crack in the wood. This is one of the bobcats I killed with it back in the 1960s.

PICT0695-zps86f2d6b6.jpg
I see you have a little extra trigger guard. Has a long rear sight sitting top. Looks good.

Looking for all pic's on the sights you have used, peep/open/scope & mounts bases. Bbl. diameters, Forearm pic's to observe the attachment used, pinned / d&t for screws. I saw a nice looking peep someone posted in past several weeks looked like the Company had it for around $25. It looked old style. Sometimes i create my own head aches. This 13/16" diameter bbl. does not have thickness to pin it. So for those who know more tell me if it is ok to pin forearm on.
I was watching a "chunk gun" competition on you (tube) the other day & many used underhammer guns,, but i didn't notice any of em using the forearm at all.. The do make fine looking rifles with them on for sure though!

Back