Floating the barrel on 10ML II with laminated stock.

Modern Muzzleloading Forum

Help Support Modern Muzzleloading Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

VLP.204

Reaction score
How many of you guys make sure that the stock does not touch the barrel before shooting?

I do, now that I know it is possible.

When I got it in the box from the factory, it was not floated. If I tighten the front action screw down first, it does not float. If I just tighten the screws down, the barrel pinches against the right SIDE of the barrel channel on the front of the forearm. In order to float it, I tighten both screws until I can't turn the allen key with just a thumb and finger on the straight part of the key. Then I thump the butt on the ground to seat the recoil lug. Then, keeping leftward pressure on the barrel, I tighten the rear action screw, some, thump the butt again, then finish tightening the rear screw as tight as I can with the allen key, using the "L" for leverage. Then, I make absolutely certain the barrel is pushed all the way to the left of the channel, then tighten the front screw down as tight as I can, keeping leftward pressure on the barrel.

Most of the time, that leaves the barrel floated and without pressure on the right side of the forearm.

I plan to glass bed the action this spring to hopefully eliminate the need for these gyrations.

Hey Mountain man, Don't forget to jump 3 times using only your left leg, then walk in a circle counter clockwise, and finally spitting over your right shoulder!!! :lol: :lol: 8)

And then..

You do the Hokey Pokey and...thats what its all about.. :lol:

Latest posts

Back