Friendship

Modern Muzzleloading Forum

Help Support Modern Muzzleloading Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Anybody know how the shooter with the Siler flintlock is attaching his scope to his barrel. If it is not some kind if a secret, I would sure appreciate the specifics. I would be REAL interested in attending Friendship to shoot in that class if I could shoot a flintlock.

Thanks

Anybody know how the shooter with the Siler flintlock is attaching his scope to his barrel. If it is not some kind if a secret, I would sure appreciate the specifics. I would be REAL interested in attending Friendship to shoot in that class if I could shoot a flintlock.

Thanks
I was actually beside him the whole match . I didnt look real close but i think he had a base drilled and tapped on the barrel . Guess maybe I should have paid more attention

I was actually beside him the whole match . I didnt look real close but i think he had a base drilled and tapped on the barrel . Guess maybe I should have paid more attention
Any idea what type of bullet/powder type/wad he was using?

I asked DOC White a while back about an English Sporting Rifle with a fast, waterproof pan Ketland flintlock, coupled to one of his 1:20", fast twist, conical shooting barrels.

He discouraged me from such a rifle due to the back pressure from the heavy slug that would cause a longer-than-normal jet of flame to shoot sideways out of the touch hole.

What was your experience next to his rifle?

Thanks

Latest posts

Back