Funny Retirement Message.

Modern Muzzleloading Forum

Help Support Modern Muzzleloading Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Buck Conner1

Reaction score
Worked with a guy that hated change which the phone company that the company was famous for.
When retiring you are always asked to clear your phone messages (which can be quite lengthy) and giver your supervisor your password for that system.

When a co=worker friend George gave notice he was leaving and handed off his work at Time Warner (Looney Cartoon folks). He did none of the about other than changing his voice message.

When you called his old company number you received: Johnny Paycheck - Take This Job and Shove It singing this message and at the end you heard the “Looney Toon” characters yelling good bye with Porky Pig Cartoon Ending "That's All Folks!"  

This voice mail message turned out to break all records for called phone messages. It was busy 24 by 7 until Time Warner took the service down two months after George had retired. The news asked why it took that long to a V. Pres. He replied “We all enjoyed it so much and many recorded George’s message”.  Then everyone started laughing…

Wished I would have recorded this for my retirement message, would have been better than my "Up Yours Twice On Sunday". My message did get a few laughs but nothing like the one George left. :)

Latest posts

Back