Fury 250 grain

Modern Muzzleloading Forum

Help Support Modern Muzzleloading Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Reaction score
IMG_4442.JPG

Reginaldcrumpepper provided the bullet; requested it be caught, and examined. The powder charge is 80 grain Blackhorn. Distance between rifle, and the bottles is 25 yard.

IMG_4435.JPG

IMG_4432.JPG

On the horse is (right to left ) carpet sample, 3/8" plywood, six one gallon water bottles, phone book.

The bullet destroyed the first tree bottles, and went through the last three bottles bouncing off the phone book.

IMG_4437.JPG

IMG_4438.JPG

After passing through everything but the phone book, the bullet was found on the ground about four feet behind the horse. It weighs 250 grain.

IMG_4439.JPG

IMG_4440.JPG

IMG_4441.JPG

Is that a.45 cal. star tip muzzleloading bullet???

Last edited:
Thank you for your continued testing sir...I appreciate it. :bravo:

That said, I'm surprised the beloved Fury bullet didn't fare so well given the accolades it gets here.

thats just weird, did the cavity fill with carpet/wood fibers, if not you would think the water would enter it and cause expansion.

That light of bullet has a void in the nose of the jacket would be my guess. It looks same size as 275 startip. I have shot the 275 and 300 but never recovered any

ZERO Expansion, It don’t get much Worse than that!!! Surely this isn’t the Same Bullet i see Recommended for Long Range Elk Hunting? This would be the LAST Bullet i would advise for ANYTHING other than Punching Paper, or Ringing Steel

definitely not a hunting bullet unless close range with a hot load then maybe not then..
Wonder if those crimps/grooves in tip caused some kind of hydraulic pressure on side of bullet and pushed it in, never seen a bullet act like that.

I'm not going to speculate what may, or may not have happened within this test.
However what I do know is there are many shooting the Fury bullets from both smokers and SML rifles with just outstanding performance on game. I've had outstanding bullet performance on whitetail using BH209, but with the heavier 325gr Fury star tips and a slightly heavier charge. DRT.

Ron, maybe you could try one of those ST2's some day???

Maybe send a pic to the bullet maker and ask. I'm sure he would have the best knowledge or guess as to why it buckled and failed to open?

Latest posts

Back