Fury Green Tip STB

Modern Muzzleloading Forum

Help Support Modern Muzzleloading Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Reaction score
G_0117.jpg

G_0120.jpg

GA_0121.jpg

The bullet was shot in a 50 caliber Omega using a sabot. The green tip STB is a 0.452" diameter bullet. Powder charge is 80 grain Blackhorn. Bottles are set out 25 yard from the rifle.

VIDEO

G_0123.jpg

The bullet destroyed the first two bottles went through the third bottle leaving behind a small chunk of lead. Bullet was caught by the fourth bottle.

G_0124.jpg

G_0126.jpg

G_0131.jpg

G_0127.jpg

G_0117.jpg

G_0120.jpg

GA_0121.jpg

The bullet was shot in a 50 caliber Omega using a sabot. The green tip STB is a 0.452" diameter bullet. Powder charge is 80 grain Blackhorn. Bottles are set out 25 yard from the rifle.

VIDEO

G_0123.jpg

The bullet destroyed the first two bottles went through the third bottle leaving behind a small chunk of lead. Bullet was caught by the fourth bottle.

G_0124.jpg

G_0126.jpg

G_0131.jpg

G_0127.jpg
NICE! Good hunting bullet. Thanks for the test.

Is the tip green to designate .452 vs .453? I use the .453 in my 45 but they are yellow tipped. It would definitely be a benefit to someone who uses both.

thanks, good to know. I may order some for loading in 450 bushmaster.

I don't recommend muzzleloader bullets for cartridge use.
A bullet designed for muzzleloaders is softer than a bullet made for a cartridge rifle. Necessarily so.
A cartridge bullet must maintain its shape and not upset significantly as it passes through the throat and engraves the rifling. A muzzleloader bullet is made to upset readily, so it engraves the rifling upon ignition. This is not desirable for a cartridge and can create pressure and headspace issues. Accuracy typically is poor in high pressure cartridges when shooting too soft of a bullet. D

I don't recommend muzzleloader bullets for cartridge use.
A bullet designed for muzzleloaders is softer than a bullet made for a cartridge rifle. Necessarily so.
A cartridge bullet must maintain its shape and not upset significantly as it passes through the throat and engraves the rifling. A muzzleloader bullet is made to upset readily, so it engraves the rifling upon ignition. This is not desirable for a cartridge and can create pressure and headspace issues. Accuracy typically is poor in high pressure cartridges when shooting too soft of a bullet. D

I highly suggest following his advice. Ask me how I know.........................

very good to know this. I’ll have to call and see what’s available for the 450. I love the performance is the fury bullets in my muzzleloader as I took two deer with them this year. I’m betting the rifle bullets perform well too especially compared to the hornady. My experience with those in 450 is more like a varmint bullet and there’s a lot of blood shot. I did a similar test on milk jugs of water with the hornady and there’s only fragments left after the second jug.

IMG_4670.JPG

IMG_4663.JPG

The Fury STB yellow tip before, and after shooting at bottles.

The green tip STB was shot in a sabot. Note the yellow tip expanded more than the green tip; has less shank. The yellow tip STB was shot in a 45 caliber rifle, after being sized to 0.4505" or so. The 80g Blackhorn charge would make more velocity in a 45 rifle than a 50 rifle. Perhaps it is this increase in velocity, and/or the engraving of the rifling that resulted in the yellow tip bouncing off the fourth bottle?

At any rate, both bullets sure work good.

The yellow tip is easy to size, and remains sized. It is a wonderful bullet to shoot without a sabot. The green tip works good in a sabot. These STB bullets are accurate too! These Fury bullets are easy to like.

Back