FYI

Modern Muzzleloading Forum

Help Support Modern Muzzleloading Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Old News, but important! Maybe catch folks that haven’t seen the Recall. I was over at Buffalo Arms just a Day or 2 after i heard about the Recall, BACO hadn’t heard about it yet? Ended up they had SEVERAL NIB Rifles, Barrels, that had to go back.

My .54 Cal Lyman Great Plains Hunter was NOT in the Recall, A Local Friend of mine bought a .50 Cal from Buffalo Arms and it WAS in the Recall by Just a few numbers, can’t remember exactly now? The last i talked to him he stil hadn’t sent it back, Nor had he Fired it. There are a few pics floating around showing the BP Broke off at the Barrel, NOT a good deal! I shoot bullets all the Way up to 650 Grains in all of my .54 Cals, If something is gonna break, A 650 Grain Bullet with 80-90 Grains of Swiss 2F should get it Broke :D

Yeah it sucks. Italian ml companies are typically one of the best in terms of testing. Thats why you can find a Pedersolli on virtually every ml dealers inventory list within the European Union. Some other brands that are very common here are pretty much nonexistent over there. It sure aint because a DP is cheaper either.

I wonder if Investarms also has a recall. They make the Lymans.

GM54-120 said:
Yeah it sucks. Italian ml companies are typically one of the best in terms of testing. Thats why you can find a Pedersolli on virtually every ml dealers inventory list within the European Union. Some other brands that are very common here are pretty much nonexistent over there. It sure aint because a DP is cheaper either.

I wonder if Investarms also has a recall. They make the Lymans.

I haven’t seen, or heard anything about a Recall on the Investarm Guns themselves? I had an Investarm Hawken They Built for Cabelas a few years ago, It was a Nice Gun, I had Lock troubles with it and I didn’t understand these Sidelocks like i do now, I got burned out with it and Traded it for a TC Hawken in .54 Cal, 1 thing I wasn’t Crazy about was the 15/16 Barrel they used for a .58 Cal, I feel the Same about My Lyman Great Plains Hunter Which is 15/16” as well, I wish they would have used 1” Barrels for the .54s, 1-1/8” Even better, My personal opinion of course

Back