FYI

Modern Muzzleloading Forum

Help Support Modern Muzzleloading Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Don't let the much quieter walls inside your home now - not close-in on you. Not talking and not communicating with others is bad, most certainly not good for our health.

Get active - be active - stay active. Communicate more with others and if your wife did most-all the cooking, treat cookbooks as your new part-time hobby.

Some widowers don't want to part with the wife's belongings for a year or more. Hey, that's all right and if any other family member objects to these article continually still in plain sight, just tell them you need a little more time to heal.

There is a Higher Force above and someday you and the Mrs. will be together again..... even with all the departed dogs and cats you-guys may have-had.

Good luck healing and don't try rushing it.

Death be not proud ! For you are not the final answer. A verse I take comfort in. Steve I'm very sorry to hear of your loss. Relish the time together and let that offer comfort to you friend.

Some of you might have noticed I haven't been on here lately to comment, which is probably a good thing. Anyway I wanted to let you all know my wife of over 47 years passed this past Sunday at home. She had been in declining health for many years, especially the last six months. I gave up my deer season to stay with her, but did manage a few squirrel hunts, way less than I usually have.
Thank the Lord she is no longer in terrible pain!
My hats off to all care givers that are going through similar circumstances! I wouldn't wish what I have been through these last months on anyone!

I also will be having hernia surgery on March 4th, so please keep me in your prayers.
TT, Good luck with your surgery tomorrow. BTW, I see you plan on doing a little fishing this year. Ever made your way up to the mitten to try some great lakes/river fishing for salmon/steelhead? There's quite a few of us. Might be fun to schedule a salmon charter for MML members?

Her funeral was yesterday. The house was full of family and my youngest son and wife are staying the week.
I'll let you guys know how it goes tomorrow.

Back