Gander Mountain - Rant

Modern Muzzleloading Forum

Help Support Modern Muzzleloading Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

terrapin314

Reaction score
So, yesterday, I have to run to Babies R Us to pick up the crib for my soon to be daughter. A stroke of marketing genius was that they located a Gander Mountain next to Babies R Us. To get my testosterone fix, I headed into GM with some cash itching my pocket.

I looked at several revolvers before going in for what I was really looking at. After much deliberation, I have decided to get an encore.

I strolled through their muzzleloader section and found exactly what I was looking for: an Encore in 209 x 50 in stainless with the camo stock. "Great!", I thought as I shouldered the gun. Then, I looked at the sticker - $850! I checked out some of their other guns and they were also overpriced. I can get this gun from gunbroker for 200 less. It may have something to do with primitive weapons season being right around the corner in Ohio, but give me a break...

Needless to say, I am going to be using the Revolution for this season.

Relax..... sometimes you can find the same model used gun priced higher than their overpriced new guns.

Rant Back/I DON'T WORK FOR EM' EITHER

I got to hold feel and see exactly the gun I wanted to buy! I knoew exactly what I was getting in the package in addition to extra gearG and services Gander threw on to the deal. I did not have to pay FFL (encore requires that), shipping and hope I got/get what I paid for. I shopped every one of those supposed local boy gun shops and They could not give me that competitive edge on pricing. Too bad as I liked Bs'n w/ a couple of them. This store also has a gun smith on premises that is qualified.
No where I went local could I touch see and feel all the guns I reaqd about here, except the boxstore. A little higher yes, but if not for being able to touch, play and feel the gun I probably would not have made a bigger investment into ML as I am doing now. I will support those stores as long as they stay reasonable. Also if you have the cash they will deal NOW as another retailer moved in up the street at H/Rome road. Push them I bet they are more than competitive.

Terrapin314,

My local dealer sells the T/C Pro Hunter CAMO for $839.00. If the rifle you picked up was a standard Encore I can only hope the price was mismarked.

Did you ask if the price was correct???

Chocdog

I found too that Gander is high on their guns. Do you have a Sportsman's Warehouse around? I find them to have the best local prices here.

Around here in Noprth alabama and East Tennessee you can buy the Pro Hunter for $769. That to me is a fair price. I had one hoping to use the same weapon with a center fire barrel as my primary weapon. After 3 barrels and many rounds of 7/08 ammo I sold the PH and bought the Omega for ML and still use my Rem 700 CDL as my center fire. The Pro Hunter is a fine weapon though.

Latest posts

Back