Getting rid of the static cling

Modern Muzzleloading Forum

Help Support Modern Muzzleloading Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

bumshot

Reaction score
Just found this forum. Looks like a good one. To solve the static cling problem, just wipe the interier with a fabric softner. Like downy. It comes in sheets. I did it with my u-view both measure and flask. Haven't had a kernel cling since. I just got back into muzzle loading after the BH powder came out. Fantastic powder. I got six jugs from powder valley. Came to $31.05 each with shipping. The first one I got at Cabelas for $40.65 with tax. The last time I was shooting, I fired 44 rounds without any swabbing. The last one loaded as easy as the first with just as good accuracy.
I got a TC Endeavor. Put a Leupold 6x on it. Shoots great.

Have you guys smelled a freshly opened container of BH209? WHAT IS THAT SMELL? Smells sort of like ether to me.

Just got my first can. After reading you guys carry on and on about it who could resist. Let's see here, let me open it and get a real good whi ZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZ! :lol:

Underclocked said:
Have you guys smelled a freshly opened container of BH209? WHAT IS THAT SMELL? Smells sort of like ether to me.

I smell accuracy, consistency, and speed! :wink:

To stay on topic, I have never had a problem with static. Just wash your plastic with dish soap and that should take care of it too. The fabric softener sheets sounds like a winner, don't get much easier than that.

Back