Getting Started in AZ

Modern Muzzleloading Forum

Help Support Modern Muzzleloading Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Heat

Supporter
Supporting member
Reaction score
Hi Guys,

Great site, lots of information. I am just getting started and like doing my research and came across this place. Hope to learn a lot more.

Cheers,

Nick

Great to have you aboard!

If you have an addictive personality, or ADHD, or are a perfectionist… this hobby can get overwhelming- almost limitless possibilities for tinkering with different load combinations! 👍

I’d suggest that you keep it simple, to start with. One or two powders, one or two projectiles, maybe only one cap or primer option, to start. You have the rest of your life to tweak your load!

I have an addictive personality, have a pretty good case of ADHD (well… maybe missing that “Hyperactivity” part!), and I am a perfectionist! 😳

I jumped in with both feet, and bought “one of everything.” I was going to be “that guy,” who dialed in the ultimate load for his Omega. I started with two T7 pellets and a 250 grain T/C Shockwave. It shot that combo just fine, so I just started shooting deer with it! 👍

Twenty years later, I still have a variety of components left! 🤭

My wife is the one who got me into this. She ened up borrowing one for a javelina hunt. It was actually pretty easy to use with pellets and belted rounds. We borrowed a Wolf. When I saw the Stainless, scope packaged Wolf with the case for $280 at a local store I bought it. Went in there to get dogfood and came out with a gun too, lol! We haven't shot that gun yet though. Been accumulating stuff. Took a LONG time to find 209 primers locally. Now I am trying to see if I can get my hands on some Blackhorn to try.

Hi and welcome. Enjoy the forum. When are you going to shoot that gun?🙂:snipe:
I finally have everything I need now. Its super hot this time of year in Yuma so I am not in a huge hurry but my wife needs a lot of range practice for an upcoming hunt. Will be soon. Figure I can practice and work up some loads while she is doing her thing.

Welcome from SE Michigan! Are you married? If so, do you have an unoccupied doghouse? See? We're already looking out for you..
Got my own man cave out back but like I mentioned before, she's the one that got us started down this road so I can always blame her. 😁Actually she has bought herself way more guns lately than I have aquired by far. Shes a pretty good sport, lol!

I finally have everything I need now. Its super hot this time of year in Yuma so I am not in a huge hurry but my wife needs a lot of range practice for an upcoming hunt. Will be soon. Figure I can practice and work up some loads while she is doing her thing.
Cool. Update us when you do?

Latest posts

Back