Goex in a inline

Modern Muzzleloading Forum

Help Support Modern Muzzleloading Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Rlsmith

Reaction score
I know this might belong in the inline section if so sorry. I had a 50 cal encore barrel that I had bobby Hoyt bore out to 54 1/ 66 for round balls finally got to shoot it yesterday I really wanted this rifle so I could use a scope. The barrel shot 1.5 inch group at a 100 with 85 grains Goex 2f. I've read on this fourmn that members had a hard time cleaning real black in a inline well I did not my encore barrel was just as easy to clean as a sidelock. I real like having a inline round ball rifle.

I owned a Traditions Buckstalker rifle at one time. At the time when I hunted with it, I had never even heard of BH 209.
My load was 90 grains of 2f Goex under a TC maxi hunter 275 grain bullet. Killed a number of deer with it.

Swiss Real Blackpowder is All i ever Shot in my 3 inlines as well, There is nothing in the World Wrong with using Real Blackpowder in an inline Muzzleloader.

My Old Knight Mountaineer .45/1:20 had the Correct Breech Plug for Blackhorn 209 (New Lehigh Bare Primer BP) I had it Headspaced For ZERO Blowback, But i stil Chose to Shoot Swiss Real Blackpowder in it, and don’t feel that i missed out on ANYTHING :)

I and others have set national records and won matches with Black Powder and have shot a lot of it in in-lines..
At the end of the day shooting, it’s not a problem at all cleaning up.,

i only shoot the black in my inlines that cant shoot BH. A White and a Black Diamond. Its annoying dealing with the breech plug if you shoot a lot i guess. Compared to putting 20 rounds of BH thru it and still having the bp come out by hand.

Back