Goex pinnacle test report

Modern Muzzleloading Forum

Help Support Modern Muzzleloading Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Dirt_Racer

Reaction score
Just got home from the range, hoping to solve my crud ring issues and test out some new powder. I was shooting a encore with triple seven pellets 2 50 gr to be exact and was having a horrid crud ring even with the triple seven primers. So i decided to try some goex pinnacle powder, reading it was not to leave suc a bad crud ring. I am sold on goex pinnacle i was shooting 100gr of
ffg and using hornady xtp 300gr bullets with harvestor crushed rib sabots, winchester 209 primers.I was holding an 2 inch group at 100yds, and virtually no crud ring at all imply slide a patch down and backup and it didnt have the crud ring build up as the triple seven did. guess my only compaint with the goex is that the ffg is pretty big granuals may have to try the fffg next time.

Pinnacle is a good powder. I have shot a lot of it, but I always get the 3f grade as like you said, the other is like fish gravel...

And clean up is easy.

One of the main problems with Pinnacle is it is SLOW and I mean SLOW when compared to Pyrodex or Triple Se7en on a grain to grain basis. Back when I tried it Pinnacle fffg 110gr and a 250gr SST only averaged 1520fps in my Knight Vision. Two Triple Se7en pellets and a 250gr SST got right at 1789fps, same rifle. 110gr ffg Triple Se7en and a 250gr SST will get you about 1900fps. Use the same amount of Triple Se7en to give 1520fps(about 60-70gr) and I can promise you your crud ring will be slim to none.

Back