Good Muzzleloading Magazine

Modern Muzzleloading Forum

Help Support Modern Muzzleloading Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

uptracker

Reaction score
Looking for a good one! Just FYI, I'm now more into in-lines and deer hunting.

Any suggestions?

the best one i've seen is the special issue of deer and deer hunting that came out last fall. it was only one issue but it was pretty good. other than that the only one i found was "blackpowder" witch is pretty decent.

I really liked "Black Powder Hunting" from The International Blackpowder Hunting Association. The last issue I recieved was early this year. I heard that they went out of business. Figures, I just had renewed for three years.

My second choice is CVA's Blackpowder Guns & Hunting Magazine. It features a lot of people using CVA's (since CVA puts it out) but there is still good information about other rifes and hunting with an inline muzzleloader in general.

I used to get a magazine called Muzzle Blast which was through the NMLRA. While I liked the magazine it .. like most others got more concerned with advertisements then articles. You basically bought adds. Also they were more aimed at the traditional aspect of the sport, but that might have changed with their new trends in the market. Perhaps there is a free trial issue you could get and see how it is.

Last one I had was Blackpowder hunting which went out of business. The only mag I get now is American Hunter. I don't read magazines much so I can't recomend any. I read a few CVA Blackpowder mags and wasn't impressed.

this years issue of Muzzleloading by deer and deer hunter is out now, its decent but not as good as last years.

Back