Good state to inline muzzleloader hunt

Modern Muzzleloading Forum

Help Support Modern Muzzleloading Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
You can pretty much use your inline in the western states. Some have restrictions on scopes, primers, etc.
You'll have to do your homework.
Nonresident licenses and tags can be pricey.
I don’t have equipment for the western setup. I’m looking more on the east coast. I’m from jersey. Looking at Carolinas, Maryland, tenn and georgia

I don’t have equipment for the western setup. I’m looking more on the east coast. I’m from jersey. Looking at Carolinas, Maryland, tenn and georgia
i love the long season in Jersey, i hunt a farm in burlington county zone 48,hunt all of December and all of January, i hunt the shotgun week with the muzzy also. a friend of mine hunted eastern shore of Maryland, and killed some nice bucks

Nebraska has a good one for whitetail and mule deer the whole month of Dec.1-30.My brother and I are making plans now for next year.Non-resident tags are around $246.00 for deer.I have been doing a lot of research on that.OTC TAGS.

Part of Tenn. has very liberal bag limits. Last time I hunted there 3yrs. ago it was 2 bucks per season and 3 does a day throughout the entire ml and rifle season. I have killed a buck and 2 does within 15min. that was 5yrs. ago. That was on public TVA. land. Lexington area.

What equipment do you need to hunt the western states? Utah allows everything but Smokeless Muzzleloaders and you can hunt from areas you need an air conditioner at night to freezing temperatures depending on the unit you draw. We just barely got cold (by our standards 23 degrees) last night. During our ML season, we were still having highs in the low 90’s in the southern part of the state. You do have to draw a permit though, that’s the tough part.

Hey guys,

I want to book a trip next year with a smokepole. Deer or elk. What states do you recommend?
It seems that you are in an area geographically speaking a solid day of driving will bring you into the Carolinas. From what I read the two top states for hunter success are South Carolina and Delaware.

It seems that you are in an area geographically speaking a solid day of driving will bring you into the Carolinas. From what I read the two top states for hunter success are South Carolina and Delaware.
Delaware is really close to me. Wouldn’t even think they’d have such great hunting with the fishing

Mo. Is horrible

Why? You can get unlimited anterless tags in some counties. The only 2 things i hate are......
1) Firearms tags and the "Alternative" season tags are the SAME tags. You can only take one buck even if you hunt both seasons.
2) Alternative season comes AFTER firearms season.

I love you can use any ML as long as its 40cal or larger. Smokeless builds are legal. No restrictions at all on powder, primer, sabots or scopes. I would much rather hunt the firearms season/s anyway than freeze my butt off in late December to early January.

Last edited:
Back