Got my new pig gun

Modern Muzzleloading Forum

Help Support Modern Muzzleloading Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Buglemintoday

Reaction score
1969 Belgium made Browning in .458 Winchester Mag 8)

In very good condition to boot

458.jpg

4581.jpg

that rifle looks GREAT 8) might want to take up reloading for that thing, i cant imagine that the ammo would be reasonable ...

I reload already :eek: , I got some 350gr round nose hornadys and 400gr flat nose Speers for it for plinking. Factory ammo is $60-150 for 20 rounds. I got lucky and at the same gun show a guy had a box of 20 Federal 500gr Trophy Bonded Bearclaws for $75.00. This stuff is usually going for $110-124 so I did good :D

The gun has amazing wood on it and I hope to put a few rounds through it this week and next weekend I am going to try to get out and get a hog, or 3 if they line up :p

Dang, you must have some big pigs down in west Texas! :shock: I'd say you aren't going into the field undergunned!

Nice looking Browning BTW!

Thank you Nic!

The hogs aren't that big, infact the biggest taken off the land so far only topped the scales at 440lb, but I think my larges out there was 230lb or so and I don't want to be undergunned :lol:

Undergunned?? Let us know how this thing shoots....and I agree that it will be really cool if three pigs will line up for a shot..........good luck.

Bugle,

You made 2 investments in aquiring that wonderful rifle..one is the gun itself and the other is feeding it ammo. :shock: :shock:

Don't eject your fired brass to far while hunting. :cry:

Chocdog

If this is your first experience with a 458, you'll grow to love it. One of the most flexible calibers around. Lots of options: 300-600 grain bullets, soft/thin jackets, solid or steel jackets, four .457 dia. lead balls over a pinch of Unique for a "brush" load, 45 cal muzzleloader sabots with a wide choice of 10 mm or .357 bullets and not too bad with about 1/2 oz of shot for short range work.

That IS one awesome looking rifle! I only went up to .375 H&H! :D

lol thanks guys!

Choc- I plan on reloading for this one! Even though I found ammo as cheap as $45/box

Big6x6- Thanks! Before the purchase of this rifle I only went up to .338 :eek:

Bugleboy,

That rilfe has to date from the 70"s. It oviously has had alot of safe time.

chocdog

Awesome rifle, when those thousand pound pigs charge you, I think you're set. The answer to what scope, I'd say the Hubbell will be a good mate to it :lol:

Joe

Never heard of that make of scope before..Looked it up and found some good information on them..Interesting--very interesting..Thanks for sharing that with me.Learned something new today....LP

Gee, I thought he was referring to the Hubble telescope in space :? :D

Latest posts

Back