Got some new Talley Mounts!

Modern Muzzleloading Forum

Help Support Modern Muzzleloading Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

big6x6

Reaction score
I ordered some new Talley Light Weight One-Piece Aluminum Scope Mounts #940725. These are "medium" mounts(I wish I had gotten "low"). The first thing I did was put them on the scale, 2.5 OUNCES! And that's for the pair! Now remember, this is a one-piece mount, no bases/rings. Comparing them to the Warne QD medium and bases per my scale, the Talleys weigh seven ounces less!

Enough about weight, these babies are of excellent construction. They fit the Savage ML-II receiver perfectly too! Two Torx head screws to attach the mounts to the receiver and four Torx screws to attach the top strap of each base and you're set. These mounts really have a nice, clean look to them which I really like!

Now my new Savage 10MLBSS-II weighs in at 8.75 exactly per my scale. Add the Talley mounts and a Leupold 3-9 Ultralight and the whole outfit weighs in at 9lbs 12 ounces. My HB #69 weighs in at 10lbs 10 ounces. So the new Savage is 14 ounces lighter. Also...I'm going to try a synthetic stock to the total weight should be less than 9lbs!

2005rangepics%20059.jpg

2005rangepics%20061.jpg

I hope the aluminum serves you well.

I could not keep the scope from walking forward in them.

But my recoil is considerably more than average........

Savage Shooter said:
I hope the aluminum serves you well.

I could not keep the scope from walking forward in them.

But my recoil is considerably more than average........

I hope they serve me well TOO! :D

Scope creep is also a function of scope WEIGHT. This scope weighs 9.5oz. while my Conquest 3-9X40 weighs 15.5 ounces. Also..I'm not looking for warp-speed velocity. I have a 220 Swift for that! :D

Hopefully it will hold.

Those Talleys are beautiful. I just put the screw lock detachables on my HB.
As far as going with the low mounts, I have ran into problems with the focus ring affecting mounting, (hitting the mount) on a similar set up.
BTW...Everyone at Talley is very helpful and professional should you ever need customer service.

:D Nice lookin set-up Chuck! I never used Talleys but they look like well made mounts.

Man, I just love lookin at all these purdy 10 ML-II pics! :lol:

Loggy said:
Man, I just love lookin at all these purdy 10 ML-II pics! :lol:
Me too! :D Those Talley mounts are a nice, clean looking setup!

big6x6, let me know how you like those Talley's. I've been wantin to trysome. Look like their great. :D

Very nice Chuck! What kind of stock are you going to get for you synthetic test? I cant wait to hear the results!!!

I have not tried the lightweights but all my rifles sport talley rings and bases. IMO they are the best out there.

Back