Got the Pedersoli patterned

Modern Muzzleloading Forum

Help Support Modern Muzzleloading Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Reaction score
Finally! I bought some 3” shotgun wads to try out & I bought 10lbs of Cooper plated #4 shot to try & get the Pedersoli to pattern well enough to turkey hunt with this season.
After 4-5 shots with the wads, I’d had enough of that BS tryin to get them started in the muzzle was a PITA & I tried thin over shot cards as well as the 1/2” lubed fiber wads. At 35yds it was not a dense enough pattern to use for turkey IMHO.
The left barrel throws the pattern low & left over 1’.
The front bead is useless bc I need to actually point the barrel at the target, not the bead.
I went back to no shotgun wads & started again.
Here’s the last 2 shots ( 1 from ea barrel ) @30 yds.
I can live with that range & pattern - until I learn how to improve it further.
Load was;
73g T7ff
1/8” over powder card
1 7/8oz copper plated #4
1/2” lubed fiber wad
That’s a pretty stout load in that gun. Damn glad that recoil pad is there.

Attachments

• IMG_0602.jpeg
    IMG_0602.jpeg
    1.7 MB · Views: 0
  • IMG_0604.jpeg
    IMG_0604.jpeg
    3.2 MB · Views: 0
Last edited:
Glad you finally got it patterned brother. Good luck with the gobblers.
Thanks bro, Anonymouscowherd is supposed to come up Sat for opening day of Gen Gun season & do some turkey hunting with me, or to go fishing. I'm not sure whats going to happen yet. I really am lookin forward to actually hunting with this BP shotgun.

Thanks bro, Anonymouscowherd is supposed to come up Sat for opening day of Gen Gun season & do some turkey hunting with me, or to go fishing. I'm not sure whats going to happen yet. I really am lookin forward to actually hunting with this BP shotgun.
I'll be packed and prepared fer both. I was a good boy scout

Just going thru and making sure I have all my camo etc

Back