Gotta Love Wally World!!!

Modern Muzzleloading Forum

Help Support Modern Muzzleloading Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Not while I have disposable income and other options, thanks. I'd rather save middleman pricing entirely by going to hell and buying directly from Satan. I like keeping my LGS owners out of the county food bank. 2 hardware stores, the pet shop, florist, 2 delis, jeweler, family-owned pharmacy and no less than 4 tire & auto shops have tanked since the Big Box Bastards from Bentonville came to town. (Thank God for employee-owned Hy-Vee grocery stores!) I realize that "resistance is futile, we shall be assimilated," but on principle I'd rather keep my fun money in my community as much as I can, for as long as I can. If the 2 local gun shops in town fail, I'll start making semiannual pilgrimages to the new Brownell's shop in Grinnell, Iowa and enjoy the Qualified Professional discounts they offer retired military/LE. (If they don't have it, I don't need it!) Meanwhile, I sit in church a few rows from the guy who stocks my primers & ships my service work when necessary. There's another shop in town where you can borrow tools to tinker with installing AR furniture right there, or test a bow on their indoor archery range. I may be describing a rarity in the Brave New World, but I wouldn't risk losing either of them in the wake of Walmart. Maybe I can't save my neighbors in the long run, but I don't have to help push them over the cliff, either.

If you are happy with what you get and the prices you pay in your area, then by all means, don't upset your ideology!!

Latest posts

Back