Great year hunting!! =) How's yours?

Modern Muzzleloading Forum

Help Support Modern Muzzleloading Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

TylerMuzzleLoader

Reaction score
Its been a great hunting year for me here in Iowa! Shot my first buck ever the first day I was out Early Muzzleloader. He was an 8 pointer! Then about a week ago shot a doe late muzzleloader and just purchased my other late muzzleloader the other day!! Hoping to get out soon after this big cold snap that were getting!! Is anyone seeing deer numbers down here in Iowa? I've heard a lot of people say they are but I haven't seen it!! I'm just curious to see how everyone else's deer season is going sense im new to the page and would start my first topic!! I'll post the picture of my buck I shot.. good day people! :D

Congrats on the deer! :applause:

Hit and miss in my area, somewhat of a late harvest on corn in my area hampered bow season, I never go out during the shotgun seasons so I'm not sure how that went.

I believe the harvest report shows less deer taken this year.

Pretty good season for me, too; 3 bucks & 1 doe. Did not get any with the front loader though. Hope to make up for it during hog hunts.

Sent from my DROID RAZR HD using Tapatalk 2

Do to health reasons I was not able to hunt this season. And with the cold weather we experienced, I could not have picked a better season to miss. But I have to admit I missed not being out in the woods. Next year, I will be ready.

:|
This year was a dud for me. Seen deer and spent hours in the blind in some really cold temps from dawn to dusk. Well, that's why it's called hunting :| :|

Ray........... :wink:

I still have my other late muzzleloader tag to fill!! It's an antlerless one and went out tonight and saw 2 bucks and 20+ does but could never get a good shot they kept moving. There really starting to move since its warming up. Tomorrow night is my last night I can go Late Muzzleloader with work Friday!! Already got my Jan. Antlerless tag though so im ready to go with the Muzzleloader this weekend during it. My dads going Jan. Antlerless this year too which will be his first time out all year.

It was a tough gun season in southeast Ohio this year. I saw several but all too far away and only one buck. I did finally get a nice big doe so there is some good eat in the freezer.

More importantly I had a great time just sitting out in Gods country clearing my mind, Love it!

I got a small 4 point during bow season and an 11 point in late muzzle loader.

:partyman:
Good enuff, I s'pose. Got a nice doe early in the season. One leg of the mechanical didn't deploy which led to NO BLOOD TRAIL !!!
Plus the shot was snapped, high and back. So, I learned how long it takes for a liver hit to become fatal, 2Hrs. & 45 minutes !!!
They can travel a fair bit in that time. If I hadn't heard her crash down the hill I'd have never known what ridge to even search for the deer.
With MUCH diligence, The day proved fruitful. Got another tasty doe later in the season with the contender but the prize was a 22 pound gobbler
that fell to a saboted 45 cal SJHP out of my Traditions Pursuit. That one was the Prize. Freezer Full !!!
:drinkers:

Had a good season. Killed a 11/2 year old buck the first gun season and a real nice 8 pointer the second season. HAPPY HAPPY HAPPY AS A FELLOW ON TV WOULD SAY.

Don

Back