Green Mountain IBS 1"

Modern Muzzleloading Forum

Help Support Modern Muzzleloading Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
just need a set of wheels to haul it.
I really don't see it being much heavier than several 12 gauge turkey guns I have packed, for sure not as heavy as a Browning BPS 10 bore.

Slim and carries very easy too but then again if I have walked 1/2 mile to a stand I have had to go a good ways. Easy short walks for me.

I may post a wtb ad for a .54 LRH after I recover from ordering a new set of hunting boots today!! I can be patient.

As I posted before there were a couple different 45's. The 45 I have Lewis was a 1-18 twist. That was a group buy that happened many years ago, maybe close to 20 years ago. I can't remember now if it was marked LRH or not.
My stainless 45 LRH's are 1-30 twist.

As I posted before there were a couple different 45's. The 45 I have Lewis was a 1-18 twist. That was a group buy that happened many years ago, maybe close to 20 years ago. I can't remember now if it was marked LRH or not.
My stainless 45 LRH's are 1-30 twist.
Do you think GM would build some again, if we put together a big enough group order? That would be so cool to get one of those 1:18” .45, a 1:28” .54 or even a 1:24” .50. But it would probably have to be 50 or more of the same thing.

Do you think GM would build some again, if we put together a big enough group order? That would be so cool to get one of those 1:18” .45, a 1:28” .54 or even a 1:24” .50. But it would probably have to be 50 or more of the same thing.
Not sure. Back when I got in on the group buy it was through cast boolets web page. I don't know the number made but it was small. That barrel is rare.

Them GM 45cal 1-18 cut rifles blanks are EXPENSIVE too. Cost a pretty penny to contour it to octagon. I think you save about $100 to get a 1-20 button rifled instead. McGowen in SS is slightly cheaper until you add in octagon then its way too much.

Button rifled SS 45 1-20 is what they should offer Then nitride it if you want in black. :p

Back