GT 305 grain 44 caliber HP

Modern Muzzleloading Forum

Help Support Modern Muzzleloading Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Reaction score
snapbang sent these bullet, and requested an attempt be made to catch one.

IMG_4414.JPG

Twenty five yard between bottles, and rifle. Powder charge of 80 grain Blackhorn.

IMG_4415.JPG

IMG_4417.JPG

IMG_4419.JPG

The bullet destroyed the front bottle, blew up the second bottle, left parts in the third, and fourth bottle; was caught by the fifth bottle.

IMG_4421.JPG

Bullet weighs 179 grain.

IMG_4424.JPG

IMG_4423.JPG

IMG_4422.JPG

Last edited:
That is what i thought would happen when the load was increased. Still really good penetration but much more weight loss.

Im sitting here digesting the information. First really nice test Ron. Really nice. Very Informative. The bullet finally settled in the 5th jug. Tremendous penetration. So I will have a leaky deer. I like that. Before that it imparted enough energy into the jugs to peel some of the lead off. Tremendous hydrostatic shock. Reasons why our deer are dropping so fast. They are dead on their feet. I know my gun was shooting good groups at 70,80,90, and 100g (V). Think Ill go back to 80g. Save my arm and powder. Thanks again Ron.

Agreed Ron. I didnt know that and am sorry I could have wasted your time. I do have about 250 of them if some of my fellow loaders would like to have some. Ill share. I laugh, They are so heavy if someone would just wind up and throw one at you I think they could draw blood.

Back