Harvester 50 Cal Crush Rib HP Sabots

Modern Muzzleloading Forum

Help Support Modern Muzzleloading Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Loggy

Reaction score
Anyone usem or know anything about them? Saw them at Gander MTN. Box said reduces loading friction up to 50%.

Loggy said:
Anyone usem or know anything about them? Saw them at Gander MTN. Box said reduces loading friction up to 50%.

I bought two packs at GM here in Indy and used them with 250 and 300 gr. bonded shockwaves and they were easier to load. I really did not notice any difference in the accuracy.

IndianaHunter said:
Loggy said:

I bought two packs at GM her in Indy and used them with 250 and 300 gr. bonded shockwaves and they were easier to load and I really did not notice any difference in the accuracy.

Bonded ShockWaves come with MMP HPH 24 sabots.

Tom, what do you think of these? Shot them in the Sav.?Tried them on game yet?

i am curious if they load easier then they would have less resistance going out during firing, so would or could this cause a misfire with some powders? :shock: just asking?

Tar-12 said:
Tom, what do you think of these? Shot them in the Sav.?Tried them on game yet?

Big6x6 told me the information about them. He was shooting them today. He should chime in anytime soon. I have not shot them, and dont really plan to anytime soon.

Loggy said:

They load far too loose in most of the muzzleloaders here.

A .452 bullet and a tight T/C barrel, they are okay. No luck with Savage or Knight frontloaders.

I talked to people at Harvester and they dont recommend the crush rib sabot for the Savage. They encountered accuracy problems in their testing. They are supposed to have this resolved by fall/ 2006.

I tested some Harvester EZ load short petal sabots yesterday with some surprisingly great results. Loading was a little easier than HPH-24"s. Some seem to load too easy. Also there seem to be quite a variance in loading(some easier than others). One thing I noticed is that they seperated from the bullet quickly and fell on the ground about 20 feet from the muzzle. Accuracy was outstanding. Because of how easy they loaded I would be leary of putting one in anything but a fouled barrel though. :)

One thing I forgot to mention was the bullet I used was the 250 gr. Shockwave.

Grouse said:
IndianaHunter said:
Loggy said:

I bought two packs at GM her in Indy and used them with 250 and 300 gr. bonded shockwaves and they were easier to load and I really did not notice any difference in the accuracy.

Bonded ShockWaves come with MMP HPH 24 sabots.

So true, but I still shot them with the aforementioned Sabots :partyman:

Latest posts

Back