First of many days with the 50 cal fast twist smokeless trying to establish Harvester smooth or ribbed?

Modern Muzzleloading Forum

Help Support Modern Muzzleloading Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Beautiful day here in Southwest Arkansas but windy, just enjoying a little relax shooting this afternoon, I'm shooting what has got to be my favorite load in the 20 twist barrel, again that's a Douglas Barrel was built by Woodman arms, part of a two-barrel project looking at twist a little bit closer started with a 22 twist and shooting the 20 still,I have wrapped it up and just plinking a little bit now ,this group that I'm posting is four shots the first one on the left got away from me a little bit the last three are in a little huddle there in the middle this is a 400 grain pinpoint freight train Northern precision this is 41 grains of IMR 4198 the loads got a little bit of a roll punch to it and you got to focus again , it's very manageable a joy to shoot.

Attachments

• 20240303_143839.jpg
    20240303_143839.jpg
    2 MB · Views: 0
Those three Center to Center are pretty nice again when you realize you're sitting there with 400 grains and you can comfortably do that it's very reassuring and with the same rifle I can shoot anything from a 250 up to this under Moa

Latest posts

Back