Harvester Sabertooth belted bullets.

Modern Muzzleloading Forum

Help Support Modern Muzzleloading Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

rwc1969

Reaction score
Never have used them hunting yet but I shot quite a few out of my CVA Eclipse Hunter 50 cal this summer and fall. They grouped real well out of my gun (slightly better than Platinum's, which I've used the last few seasons). I may use them during our late season here just to try them out but to start with I'm going to use the Harvester Scorpion PT Gold, simply because they grouped amazingly well for me.

I use 90 gr. of T7 FFG.

From what I saw shooting the Sabertooth's though, I'd have no reservations at all using them on a hunt. Sure can't complain about their price either.

Cool! Thanks! I think I'll give them a try. Was kinda hoping to get soem info on actual taking of game though.

I see now they offer other bullets as well.

Just do a search on Google or something and you'll find some info like that. I've seen some very positive responses about the performance of Sabertooth's on some other forums the past few years.

Will do! I just hope they get here in time for me to sight in. opening day is Nov. 15.

If not I'm stuck with 3 powerbelts from last season. Only need one. Knock on wood. :)

It'll be intersting to see if I need to adjust my sights any. they're both 270 gr.

Well I tried these out today.

I shot one powerbelt platinum and three of the Sabertooths. 6" group at 90 paces, about 70-80 yards w' open sights.

I pulled left on one shot so otherwise it would have been a 3" group. The powerbelt and one sabertooth pretty much hit on top of each other in the bullseye.

the sabertooths are just slightly tighter fitting in the barrel, which is probably a good thing. they still went in without any real effort.

the plastic wad falls off easy though and one got slightly jammed in my speedloader.

I was using 100 gr. Shockey's gold powder. The powder has sat for one year in the flask and speedloaders. Also, the first shot had sat loaded thru two weeks of gun season here in lower MI. with two rainy days and fired without problems.

I'm very happy with the setup.

Latest posts

Back