Harvester Sabertooth Bullets?

Modern Muzzleloading Forum

Help Support Modern Muzzleloading Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

dalberg

Reaction score
I am new to muzzleloading, I received a CVA Wolf magnum for Christmas. It came with Powerbelt bulets as part of the kit. I have been looking at this site and some of the comments on powerbelts, most actually aren't too good. Someone had referenced sabertooths as another option. Does anybody have experience with these bullets. Are there any advantages or disadvantages with this type of bullet, non sabboted. I guess I'm not sure as to what to use. Any thoughts would be appreciated. Thanks
Doug

Never used them, but they sure look like they would work. If you can find some local buy em and see how your gun shoots them. I am fond of the STS/Shockwave family myself but there are lots of good bullets to try.

I shoot the Saber Tooth out of my Knights and they do a real good job accuracy wise. I have not found a deer willing to test them yet for the other aspects.

daleberg

I'd Like to welcome you to the forum and the wonderful world of Muzzleloading .
My wife has used the Saber tooth for the past 2 yrs. and I have to say that they are very Impressive she has shot the 270gr over 75gr of 777 2fg loose powder and they are very accurate out of her Knight Wolverine
She has shot 2 good sized does with these and they have not went more than 15 - 20 yds and both on there nose digging dirt.
with 1 being a complete pass through the other was a sholder shot .
Allthough not a BP fan my self I have been reading alot of post on a differant sight and there are quite a few guys that are having some good results with them, as long as you do not push them to hard . most are not useing more than 80gr of powder with the PB. and say they are getting complete pass throughs.

IMO I would try a 200gr or 250gr Hornady SST with 100gr of 777 powder, OR the 250gr Speer Gold Dots with same powder charge.

Latest posts

Back