Harvesters

Modern Muzzleloading Forum

Help Support Modern Muzzleloading Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Dit

Reaction score
Hi
I see a lot of people on here changeing the plastic cup on the sabots to harvesters. What's so good about them to change? I shoot a 250 grain T/C shockwave with yellow tip out of a T/C encore 50 cal.. If I change to harvesters what should I look to get? Thanks Kevin

If the combination shoots good, there is no reason to change. Some people change because of hard loading, or they are hoping that by going to a short sabot they can tweek a little more accuracy. I shoot my Shockwaves in they sabots they come with (black) and am very pleased.

+1 on Cayuga's advice... :D

I also tried the 'aftermarket' sabots recommended on this site (harvester short black, harvester crush-rib and the MMP's)...

Only to find that the TC supplied sabots gave the tightest groups in my Triumph... 8)

Since each gun/load/bullet combination is a law unto itself, you will have to shoot them all to find that perfect load...

I think you must be fairly new so I will try to explain.
There are 7 or 8 thickness of sabot[this is measured at the petals] getting the right thickness is what makes them work some where near right, but even the right thickness is not always the whole answer which bullet will work best with which sabot and powder [the primer can make a difference to in some circumstances] is what some of us that enjoy questing for accuracy and accuracy at long range work with.
If you only shoot in relation to hunting then unless you need to be able to make 200yd + shots you don't need to worry about it beyond about 2 inch groups @100yds. There are a lot of people who only shoot to sight in and hunt and hunt where a shot over 50 yds is rare. Lee

That;s how these guys suck you in.........Next you'll want to try a new bullet because these guys said it was better expansion and BC...then you have to match the right sabot w/ that bullet.....then, then you try a different powder because it's easier to clean but more powerful...then, then a new gun becuase it is better at long distance and shots a tighter group...........then then the scope yea the scope :twisted: But then again you might just want to hunt!

That's what makes this shooting/Hunting sport so fun. I'm a complete addict now. I just wish my shooting range was closer to the house.

Latest posts

Back