Have Run Out of Elevation with Leupold VX5-HD 4-20x52

Modern Muzzleloading Forum

Help Support Modern Muzzleloading Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Glad Leupold informed you about how to adjust the scope.
As I said in my original post, I'm not an optics expert, but I've installed an awful lot of scopes over the years, and without speaking with them I would never have known what to do. The manual didn't indicate to do what they said in any way. There was certainly nothing stating there is a "mechanical stop", and then it must be adjusted with the turret off. How can people possibly know this?? Poor instructions, but good customer service. I didn't have to wait long on the phone either.

You aren’t kidding it’s hard to find 30 mm inserts. Find this on 30mm inserts

Notes:

• Includes "Zero" inserts and +/- .010 inserts for both front and rear rings

Just received my new smokeless .45 buil this week and I was excited to top it off with my new Leupold scope and get it dialed in. At 100 yrds I seem to be stuck about 8 inches high and I can't dial it down any further. I decided to get high Seekins rings because I knew the objective would be close to the barrel (sits about 5mm off the barrel at the lowest point). The approximate distance from the middle of the scope tube to the middle of the barrel is 60mm. I am not an optics expert, but I have always been able to set my scopes up without much difficulty. I lap the rings, use a leveling system, and head out to get zeroed in. Any advice from those who know better than myself would be greatly appreciated. Thanks
This always worked for me, center the scope. cut shims from pop or beer can place under scope on rings at rear or front you can get a lot more up or down , good luck.

This always worked for me, center the scope. cut shims from pop or beer can place under scope on rings at rear or front you can get a lot more up or down , good luck.
I've done this before with cheaper scopes, but no way am I going to shim a scope this expensive- it should be able to do the job without being shimmed (which it will).

check what base is installed. Some of these new base are set up for long range shooting, plus 20moa built into them.

Update- got it zeroed tonight (mowed lawn in between shots so barrel could cool). 72 grns of 4198 and 300gr Fury bonded bullets. Had my 3 holes touching each other inside the bullseye. Next job is to start stretching things out and create a dope sheet before gun season.

Latest posts

Back