Hawiian BBQ sauce

Modern Muzzleloading Forum

Help Support Modern Muzzleloading Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

MrTom

Reaction score
This recipe was for Huli Huli Chicken, a grilled chicken recipe that uses a sort of rotisserie, but I made this for chicken wings done on the grill along with pineapple wedges. Pretty darned tasty. It has some heat but that can be managed.

3 - 6 ounce cans of pineapple juice
1/2 cup of white sugar
1/4 cup light brown sugar packed
1/4 cup rice wine vinegar
1/4 cup soy sauce
1/4 cup of Ketchup
2 tablespoons of grated fresh ginger
4 cloves of garlic put thru a press
2 teaspoons of garlic chili paste or sauce....this is the heat. You can add more for more heat or use sweet chili garlic sauce to get rid of the hot

Combine everything in a sauce pan and simmer, stirring frequently, until this is reduced to about a cup.

Grill the chicken and when done spoon this sauce over the chicken and serve. There's plenty of salt with the soy sauce so none more need be added.
Personally I liked the wings cold the next day. Hot or cold they are goooood. I also basted the grilling pineapple with this sauce. The pineapple was the first to go for some reason.

Next up.....a slab of ribs.

Try using habanero or habanero hot sauce for the heat. It goes extremely well with the pineapple. BTW there are varieties of habanero that are not scorchers and still have a similar flavor.

Back