Hello from Duluth MN— need some help regarding TC Encore Endeavor 209x50

Modern Muzzleloading Forum

Help Support Modern Muzzleloading Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

CarpenterDuluth

Reaction score
Greetings folks,
I’m moving into my second season of deer hunting into Muzzleloader only season here in MN and was trying to source a spare breech plug for my Encore Endeavor. Come to find out that they are noooooowhere, except one place for $299 per plug. Q’s for you are— Will a vent liner give me a much longer lifespan out of my breech plug? And How long do these things last on average?— If I only fire the gun a few times a year ( sight in and hunting?). I am relatively new to muzzleloading rifles but have hunted with them— never considered the consumable part about the breech plug— now I’m a little worried.

Welcome aboard! I'm at the other end of the state in Rochester but we have a cabin and property near Two Harbors.

I know that CVA plugs are good foe maybe 300-400 shots, maybe less depending on how hot the loads are. I'm not entirely positive on the T/C plugs but would imagine the same.

I have all of my CVA plugs converted to take the vent liners and haven't looked back since. The vent liners are cheap compared to a plug....$22.00/4 liners at BadgerRidge....check the membership list and you'll find them here. Great people and great service. They may convert the plug for you or they may have a replacement plug designed for your gun. Ron Laughlin, another member here has done conversions so drop him a note or post a call out to him. He may be hunting right now but he'll get back to you.

The vent liners are made of considerably harder steel and last much longer than the original plus, so the fire hole stays consistent much longer. When a new one is needed you simply take the old one out and put a new one in and you're back on track.

Welcome aboard! I'm at the other end of the state in Rochester but we have a cabin and property near Two Harbors.

I know that CVA plugs are good foe maybe 300-400 shots, maybe less depending on how hot the loads are. I'm not entirely positive on the T/C plugs but would imagine the same.

I have all of my CVA plugs converted to take the vent liners and haven't looked back since. The vent liners are cheap compared to a plug....$22.00/4 liners at BadgerRidge....check the membership list and you'll find them here. Great people and great service. They may convert the plug for you or they may have a replacement plug designed for your gun. Ron Laughlin, another member here has done conversions so drop him a note or post a call out to him. He may be hunting right now but he'll get back to you.

The vent liners are made of considerably harder steel and last much longer than the original plus, so the fire hole stays consistent much longer. When a new one is needed you simply take the old one out and put a new one in and you're back on track.
Great, Thank you for the information. After season I’ll contact these folks and see about getting the plug lined. Hope you’ve had luck in your hunts— I’m hunting south of Eveleth MN and its been slim. Maybe wolves etc…

Latest posts

Back