Hello From Nebraska

Modern Muzzleloading Forum

Help Support Modern Muzzleloading Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

LAUDY1962

Reaction score
It has been brought to my attention that when a new poster add's a comment they are not credible. (Mr. Tom oulines ) So I will introduce myself. I come from a long line of guides and hunters. My family owned a fishing guide service in Upper Foster In Canada when I was very young. I grew up fishing and learning the outdoors. We then moved to lower 48. I joined the MC and after those 4 yrs went into law enforcement for over 40+ years. My family has been in the farming/plot and habitat business for years. We also run a successful taxidermy business. The New Scheels in my area displays over 200 mounts that were completed by my Brother. I have taught and guided several white tail/Mule deer and antelope hunts as well as upland game bird hunting. In the early 80-90's we had over 13 acres of prime goose hunting along the platte river in western Nebraska. My primary love is BP Shotguns and Traditional rifles. In our area in-lines a really taking off and I recently retired from Law enforcement and quite frankly resisted the whole inline mzldr. But I can honestly say I fell down the rabbit hole and now I own 3 working on the 4. It is worse than fishing. I by now means know everything and if I can offer up something that works I'm glad to be here. Being new does not mean any of us are less knowledgeable. Thanking all of you for the respect and input that I have received thus far. Safe hunting.

Welcome from Wisconsin LAUDY!
Really like your enthusiasm!
Thanks for the info you gave me
on shooters world black powder
in one of threads in the Inline forum.
Will be trying it out in one of my
muzzleloaders once spring gets here. Look forward to seeing you post more.

Welcome aboard, sounds like you will fit right in. Jump in with both feet, after all it’s all about Survival of the Fittest..

Hello from Arkansas. Been muzzleloader hunting the last 3 Decembers in southwestern Nebraska, just west of Benkelman. Love that sandhill country.

Hello from Arkansas. Been muzzleloader hunting the last 3 Decembers in southwestern Nebraska, just west of Benkelman. Love that sandhill country.
That is always a good area to jump a mulley or even the occasional pasture-goat (antelope) They have even seen the rouge elk now moving into Nebraska.

That is always a good area to jump a mulley or even the occasional pasture-goat (antelope) They have even seen the rouge elk now moving into Nebraska.
Welcome from S/C Wyoming! Been here 20+ but moved from Kimball in the Ne panhandle where I lived and had a shop for 20 yrs. I remember how much game we had until they sprayed for the Russian aphid that was ravaging the wheat..Killed everything !!! Antelope, pheasants even farmer's dogs. Still hunt around Crawford, Harrison etc for turkey and BP deer. Some big elk up on that SD border..Trader

Back