Hello from NJ.

Modern Muzzleloading Forum

Help Support Modern Muzzleloading Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Deernewbie

Reaction score
Archery guy taking advantage of extended seasons. Overthink everything so please forgive the longwinded questions in advance. Young and new to this all, so not too many resources available to me, that being said all input is very much appreciated. would always rather be over prepared for a day in the field then under. Primary concerns are around safety, load development, and accuracy for the sake of ethics.

Welcome from S.Ohio. Muzzleloading is very safe if you follow the instructions for your muzzleloader! You didn't mention what muzzleloader that you have or are thinking about getting. This is a great place to get information and help for muzzleloading! Great bunch of people who are more than willing to share their information!

Welcome from your neighbor to the north in Upstate NY. I spent some time driving through NJ this past weekend heading down and coming back from MD.

Welcome from S.Ohio. Muzzleloading is very safe if you follow the instructions for your muzzleloader! You didn't mention what muzzleloader that you have or are thinking about getting. This is a great place to get information and help for muzzleloading! Great bunch of people who are more than willing to share their information!
thank you!
own a CVA Accura MR-X. .45cal inline. Has a 26in barrel with a 1:22 twist. Came with a Burris E1 fullfielt scope and Blackthorn 209 breech plug. I'm told this is for all loose powder propellants.
still have not fired it

thank you!
own a CVA Accura MR-X. .45cal inline. Has a 26in barrel with a 1:22 twist. Came with a Burris E1 fullfielt scope and Blackthorn 209 breech plug. I'm told this is for all loose powder propellants.
still have not fired it
You can search the forum for loads for your rifle. I don't have anything for you for a .45 cal. I've only used .50 cal. Sounds like you are doing the right things so far. Clean the muzzleloader if you haven't already done it. They do come dirty from the dealers!

Latest posts

Back