hello from Tazewel Va.

Modern Muzzleloading Forum

Help Support Modern Muzzleloading Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Welcome from Oklahoma.
The Mrs. and I have been to your part of Virginia several times over the years. Beautiful area, in fact the picture in my avatar of her and I was taken up in the mountains of Virginia.

thanks folks :)
HC i'm sure like most others that this forum is full of enablers more than willing to help me spend my money . hahahaha
deermanok almost 50 years ago we liven in salina Ok near tulsa . i still remember those days very fondly ;)

definitely inline and .50 cal. . been looking at the CVA optima and accura with nitride , but recently found out about the knight vision freedom .
the knight seems a bit too good to be true with nitride and a MOA @ 200 yards for only $200 .

take care , jeff

Welcome from AL. My hunting rifle is an Accura MR and I love it. I‘ve never had a Knight but there are quite a number of folks using this forum who have.

Welcome from Chester, VA.! You'll get plenty of good info here. Enjoy the journey.

i lived in chesterfield county before i moved here 4 1/2 years ago . still got friends and family i go visit a few times a year there . i lived in chester also , and henrico and hanover and in the city . i much prefer being up here in the mountains !
take care chundo , jeff

Start looking now for primers and powder. Read up on BH 209 and 777. Do some readiing in this forum about blowback around primers. Most people get best accuracy with loose powder, but many eastern hunters that shoot close range do just fine with pellets. I like to shoot, and powder is cheaper, so that is my choice. You can learn a lot here. Welcome

thanks . if i go the CVA route i'm planning on ordering the BH209 breech plug . the CCI 209M primers seem to have a lot of fans but FWIU the 777 power does best with 777 primers . i was thinking of in a few months to start buying BH209 (if it's available) and the CCI 209M primers and also patches/cleaning supplies . the BH209 seems to be the cleanest burning and most consistent powder . what are recommended bullets for virginia whitetail ? BTW , we have elk here now but i think it's a lottery type deal for hunting them . the places i'll hunt will have maybe 200 yard max possible shots with under 100 yards being the norm . i'm sure a vision or wolf will do well at those ranges but if i'm gonna get a ML i want to get something decent and not have that nagging "what if" in the back of my mind ....

yeah .. i've got a lot to learn . take care , jeff

Latest posts

Back