Hello from the birddog

Modern Muzzleloading Forum

Help Support Modern Muzzleloading Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

birddog1520

Reaction score
My name is Randy Guise aka the birddog I will be 45 years old in august. I have a wonderful wife of 18 yrs 2 daughters 1 son and 2 grandchildren 1 girl 1 boy. I enjoy muzzleloading for deer, next to being with my family most. I also enjoy training hunting dogs ,lest the screen name ,mostly labs. I used to do alot of waterfowling but lost all my hunting spots the farmers shut it down to everyone, only they and I know why. I have taken most of my deer with a .50 cal. hawken made by Sile. I have recently puchased an Encore .50 cal.inline, traded my waterfowl gun for it, I am amazed at the accuracy of this weapon can't wait to get a shot at a deer with it. My wife and I recently purchased a house/camp in north central Pa. it came complete with an elk rub in the back yard we are very excited about it we really can't wait to see that big critter in action come fall. My wife wants to make it our permanent home if I can get a job transfer I work for the state as an equipment operator so it may take some time to get the transfer but it's worth waiting for, she's making me move up, so I will go kicking and screaming all the way(lol). Thanks for letting me ramble a bit I am sure I will be able to learn much from these boards and maybe even contribute some. Looking forward to reading these boards alot. The Birddog.

Welcome to the forum Birddog! You're gonna like this place, it's the best on the net by far, IMO! Glad to have ya!

Wecome birddog
Its good to have another lab person over here.
Redclub

Welcome Birddog.....congrats on the grandkids. They're great aren't they? :D I too like to train dogs, and have trained several labs, 2 golden retrievers and one weimarainer. Sounds like you may just have stolen a little slice of heavan on earth yourself. Hope you can get relocated...spit

Thanks for the welcome guys. Yes the grandchildren are wonderful. and yes SP I think we did get a slice of heaven and we hope to have the grand kids up as much as possible, that way they can spend more time in the outdoors instead of with the video games.

Welcome to the forum Birddog! Kick your heels up and make yourself at home!

JJ

Welcome to Modern Muzzleloader Birddog!

Feel free to ask question AND make comments as you see fit!

:D Hi birddog1520. Welcome here. I'm not too far from ya...here in Dallastown.

Been up to that Deer Lodge Restaurant there in Mt. Holly Springs several times. Great food there!

Thanks for the welcome troops. Your quite right loggy the food at the deer lodge is quite good, since this is still a fairly small town I know the owners personally they are very good people. Besides the resaurant is only about a 2minute drive from my house.

Back