Hello from WiscOOnsin

Modern Muzzleloading Forum

Help Support Modern Muzzleloading Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Yes, welcome- you are in the right place. I don't own a Woodman but I hear great things-highly reputable. You will spend just a bit more than if you purchased a CVA or a Traditions, but you are getting much more (not that there is anything wrong with CVA or Traditions- have/do own them and they work quite well). You will have a great deal of fun working with bullet/primer/powder combinations once you eventually choose and receive your rifle. I personally like Triple Seven powder, but most will tell you Blackhorn. All powders, including traditional black powder will get the job done. Your choice of bullet/sabot (if using a sabot) will be the biggest factors involved. Sounds like you want a fast twist (good idea), which will allow a must better bullet in regard to BC (ballistic coefficient)- more speed and flatter trajectory. But I'm guessing you already know that. Experiment with tons of combinations and find the one that works best with your rifle. For whatever reason I have to use a different bullet/sabot combination with all my in-line muzzleloaders.
Thanks I know I’m spending more money but it seams to be the best hunting muzzleloader in my opinion not that I’m an expert, far from it. But I’ve always been a buy once cry once guy.

Back