help help help

Modern Muzzleloading Forum

Help Support Modern Muzzleloading Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

flcrews13

Reaction score
buying new muzzleloader and can only spend 200.00 what should i buy...something easy to use 209's to..thanks for the help...

I agree as well. I had one and set another up for a buddy.. They are great guns for the $$$$$ and shoot great!

Just avoid 777 Pellets with them and you will be fine. Pyrodex pellets shoot fine..

If you are on a budget and want to do some shooting, T7 pellets can put a pretty big dent in your grocery money. Figure about 2.5 times the price of loose powder. Also, loose powder offers greater flexibility in load development.

biged6246 said:
Why stay away from the 777 pellets?

In that gun, they have ignition problems. Hangfires actually.

Pyro pellets work good because from my understanding, they have real black powder on one side to aid ignition. I shot alot of pellets in mine and never had an issue. 777 pellets will hangfire.

It is still a great gun.

I don't think the fellow will have a problem with Loose Pyrodex RS. I say save the money and use a successful time tested product. He'll have plenty of time to experiment down the road.

I don't think the fellow will have a problem with Loose Pyrodex RS. I say save the money and use a successful time tested product. He'll have plenty of time to experiment down the road.

Latest posts

Back