help me with loads for my three rifles

Modern Muzzleloading Forum

Help Support Modern Muzzleloading Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

outdoorsmen

Reaction score
I'm looking at starting over with my guns. here's what i have
1. Kinght long range hunter
2. knight mhc t/h
3/ t/c triumph

all are equiped with burris rings and bases with signature series 3-10x40 scopes.
i just got a few cans of BH209. any loads combos recommended?
i have a bunch of left over 250gr. SW superglides, various barnes, and harvester 300gr pt golds with crush rib.

i don't know what will be my main gun but i what a load for each. i've done some reading that the 300gr bullets actually shoot flatter with less drop due to a higher BC out to 200yds. so I'm not opposed to shoot a 290 ro 300gr bullet.

1. Kinght long range hunter

Last year two Triple Se7en magnum pellets and a 250gr Ballistic Extreme did the job in my own Knight LRH.. But I would not hesitate to try the same bullet with 100-120gr Blackhorn 209...

2. knight mhc t/h

I'd certainly at least TRY the same load I use in my T/H Disc Extreme..120gr Blackhorn 209/275gr Ballistic Extreme/MMP short black sabot

IMG_0133.JPG

3/ t/c triumph

EASILY a 250gr SST/Bonded Shockwave/110-120gr Blackhorn 209/Harvester short black or Crush rib sabot.

IMG_0134.JPG

loads

If you want, I'm sure you can get volunteers to come shoot em' for you?

Chuck,

Does the 250-275 Parker come with the MMP short Black Sabot or are you changing them? Just curious as I have not tried them yet.

Thanks,

ShawnT

My LRH likes 115gr of BH209 with 300 grain Knight Red Hots in the black sabot. I do use the MMP sub-bases, and they seem to really tighten groups up.

In my MHC, 110 FF 777 and a 250 showckwave shoots 3 inch groups at 200yds off bags using my 4 wheeler rack for a table...

It didn't like FFF for whatever reason. Still haven't seen BH on the shelf.

Back