Hey Saskatchewan Hunters

Modern Muzzleloading Forum

Help Support Modern Muzzleloading Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

DeerNut

Reaction score
The Draw results are up on the Sask Environment website.
Looks like I'll be chasing Antelope with the Muzzleloader this year!!!!

Like I figured, I got drawn for antlerless mule deer and not drawn for Mule deer. With the 2 tags for antlerless and an over the counter white tail tag should put some meat in the freezer. Extra mulie does tags will again be available over the counter later if I need them.

Hey SaskBushMan,
Have you hunted mulies before? And, are you using your muzzleloader?
My wife was drawn for Zone 10 and I've been trying to convince her to hunt with a muzzleloader but she likes her 270 too much. I tried to sell the benefits of hunting in early october versus November but she argued that hunting the rut and having snow for tracking was more important to her than nice weather....go figure!
Anyway, good luck and try and wait for a big one!!

Hello DeerNut, No this is my first time hunting mulie buck We took a doe each last year in a CWD zone. But this year its all bucks, I think we will be going for atleast 3 days to start out with and I will carry my smokepole for the first day or two then use my 25-06 for the last if needed. I can't wait hunt whitetails all October with the muzzy then go for mulies.

I got drawn for Mulie's (Either and 2 anterless). Didn't get pulled for antelope like I was hoping but always next year. Elk hunting, less than 2 weeks...can't wait. Maybe I'll get a crack at nice black bear, the savage is coming Then of course whitetails.

Latest posts

Back