Hi from Central Indiana

Modern Muzzleloading Forum

Help Support Modern Muzzleloading Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Reaction score
Thank you for letting me in. I’m a retired power engineer. I’m new to muzzleloading and I’m new to this board. But I handload my centerfires a lot so hopefully I’ll learn quickly. I’m interested in smokeless muzzleloading because I’m obsessed with hunting with one shot.
So please forgive me when I ask dumb questions.
Frank Kalisz

Welcome from Southern , Indiana , Ripley County , Home of NMLRA, maybe see you sometime at range. Also you might be interested in talking to Bestill Custom Muzzle Loaders , builds smokeless

Welcome from SE Michigan! You've come to the right place for sure. A few quick questions to get things started...
Do you have or are in process of choosing a rifle? Do you plan on hunting outside of Indiana? Some states are real persnickety regarding what's allowable .. modern in-lines vs percussion vs flintlock etc. Perhaps you may want a rifle that easily converts from a "primitive weapon" ignition (musket caps, No 11 percussion) to modern ignition (209 Primer, Large Rifle Magnum Primers (LRMP)). At what distances do you plan on hunting? Feed us a little and we'll give you a lot!

You do not need to apologize for questions, I have a lot of them, but this board is very informative and friendly. My stumbling block is the overwhelming amount of information and sometimes the differences in opinions. Have at it and Welcome.

Welcome from SE Michigan! You've come to the right place for sure. A few quick questions to get things started...
Do you have or are in process of choosing a rifle? Do you plan on hunting outside of Indiana? Some states are real persnickety regarding what's allowable .. modern in-lines vs percussion vs flintlock etc. Perhaps you may want a rifle that easily converts from a "primitive weapon" ignition (musket caps, No 11 percussion) to modern ignition (209 Primer, Large Rifle Magnum Primers (LRMP)). At what distances do you plan on hunting? Feed us a little and we'll give you a lot!

I have a Woodman Arms Patriot 45cal hunting rifle on order with 1-20 Brux barrel. Plan is to hunt in Indiana. It will have a 209 Primer ignition with tungsten bushing. Not sure on distance until I see what this rifle will do - but I don’t need to hunt long range.

Latest posts

Back