hi from rhode island

Modern Muzzleloading Forum

Help Support Modern Muzzleloading Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Welcome. Do you already own a M-L? If so, which one(s)? I would imagine most deer hunting there is M-L or shotgun slug?

Do you hunt with a M-L?

Years ago I started with a BP pistol as a range & woods toy. Just after that I went with a M-L rifle to extend the deer seasons.

Welcome to the forum from central Indiana.

knight disc extreme master hunter left hand thumbhole in 45 cal. I'm using the 240 gr brown tip knight bullets with 2 pellets of 777.
nice shooting muzzleloader . yes muzzleloader and shotgun for nov & dec. I'm about out of the 240gr stuff nd going to try barns 190 gr nice
flat 45 kinda like the mountainair . my first was a whitemountain carbine boy times have changed :D

I like your M-L choice! I am loading the gear soon for the 1st round of our IL deer hunt. Either would work, but I have been using my 45 cal the last few years.

Not that your 777 pellets won't do just fine, but I would give consideration to a Blackhorn 209 switch. One of the best benefits is that you can set the gun down after firing and clean it a day or 3 later without corrosion worries. With a 3 day hunt, I usually don't do a full breakdown cleaning until I am home again. Even with B209 I still clean as soon as convenient though.

The Hornady 200 grn XTP or the 195 grn Barnes is just over 2200fps with 115 grains of B209, with my chronograph.

muskrat I did try b209 and I had hang fires. I fact I had a 8 point buck walk down a run I was on. stood there and let me put a second primer
in which lead to delayed ignition and no dead deer.

Welcome to the forum!

Do you still have the White Mountain? I've got one!

sold the whitemountain carbine and a scout in 54 cal a while back. I do have a lyman plains rifle in 54 cal
that I plan on hunting with thanksgiveing day.

Latest posts

Back