New fella from Indiana - DWB - Tominator

Modern Muzzleloading Forum

Help Support Modern Muzzleloading Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
When they discontinued the Tominator I bought 4 boxes of the White Power Cup wads. They are very similar to the Ballistic Products wad I mentioned. They are to be slit as well.
There are 100 wads in each package all unopened. 400 total wads. I have no use of them but would consider selling them.
My Ray Eye Series Tominator is the only one I’ve seen. Of course they only made 1,000. I have seen several of the regular Tominators.
My pal in northern Indiana has a Ray Eye and he’s why I’m getting mine. He loves his too!

I use 90 grains by volume 777,1.5 Oz #9 TSS in an unslit plastic wad with 4 slits about 1/4 way down with an over shot card killed turkeys out a bit past 40 yds
Do you feel the TSS patterns better and hits harder.
Back when I worked up my load there was no TSS, so nickel plated shot was as hard as there was to prevent pellet deformation.

I know in my modern guns TSS is where it’s at for me. Quick kills, lots of pellets in the kill zone, and well worth the $ for me to very quickly dispatch a turkey. I use TSS in my Pedersoli and it slams - the best reason for it is if you shoot #9 TSS shot, it’s kinetically the same as #5 lead, effectively adding more pellets to the load.

Amen to what Jimryser said, I shoot #9 TSS and it gives me a much better pattern as far as having many more pellets in the kill zone and like Jim said more kinetic energy down range, I've killed them stone dead past 40 yards but much rather kill them at 20

Amen to what Jimryser said, I shoot #9 TSS and it gives me a much better pattern as far as having many more pellets in the kill zone and like Jim said more kinetic energy down range, I've killed them stone dead past 40 yards but much rather kill them at 20
Yessir! Editing my KY turkey hunt this evening - 40 yards with a 20ga flopped him over! I’ll post it bc it was so much fun!

Back