Hog slayin machines!

Modern Muzzleloading Forum

Help Support Modern Muzzleloading Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

exMember

Reaction score
Hope they will be any way!

On Jan 10th we'll head out at the ass crack of dawn and start our trip to see Floyd and go hog hunting again!

My dads still recovering from surgery but danced a jig once I told him Floyd got back to me and ok'd the date to come out :lol:

For Christmas my brother bought him a springfield socom 16 in 308, so my dad is all excited and bought ammo so we can get it dialed in at 100 yards and use it for hogs. Hes really happy that it doesn't kick. He can thank the ported barrel for that lol.

We're all excited and looking forward to being back in oklahoma once again.

For me, Im takin my new Hawken, mountain man shirts,pants and blanket coat! Oh, lets not forget the fur hat either! And plenty of tick repellent this time LOL.
img_8522.jpg

Just came back from the lease.   Three of the feeders had run and no corn was on the ground at 07:45.  Hogs are coming in early in the morning and anytime after about 17:00  Filled a couple feeders today.  

Monday evening at 5:30 five big sows came to the feeder in front of my metal blind.   That feeder runs  in evening  at 16:45 and 17:15.  More than one sounder is coming in there. 

Shoot hogs.

:Red tup:

We'll bring some bags of corn as well Floyd. I actually want to stop and get some strawberries and jam as well. I was reading up on hogs and they are attracted big time to sweet smells and over ripe fruit. Worth a try!

I'd start one mid-day and then hide and wait!........drives bears nuts if there any in the neighborhood, would think it would have the same effect on hogs.....they have an equally keen sense of smell.....think "truffles". :Lights:

sounds good!

Both mosin nagants are ready as well as my dads m14. He took it out to 100 yards and was drilling that 3" orange dot.

Way to windy for my muzzleloader, snow storm is moving in from what the news lady said.

50 miles to go! At mc donalds having lunch. I think its called altus.

Spent many a fun night with my bronk ridin buddy , riding go-carts and crusin for Okie girls in Altus OK......unlike my grandfather in the early part of the 1920's, we were never chased back across the Red River at gun point!
Have fun!!! :thumbs up:

Latest posts

Back