Its 100% official!

Modern Muzzleloading Forum

Help Support Modern Muzzleloading Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

exMember

Reaction score
I drew my bull elk tag and doe deer tag!

My brother that lucky sob, drew a cow elk tag with ZERO points! It took me 3 years worth of pref points to draw my bull tag and this sob gets a cow tag with no points! lol

Dad drew a cow tag ( took 1 pref points for him lol) and he drew his doe deer tag!

The deer should be no problem, but you know how hunting goes.

My brother will once again use his 54cal hawken my dad and i built for him. Hes using PRB and I believe my dad wants his to his optima.

:cheers: ...  Maybe time to test out your custom elk balls FG ! :)

I don't understand your "point system"...(we don't have that back here in MA). :?:

Its all done by draw in colorado. If you dont draw a tag in the lottery, you get a preference point which basically gives you a slight advantage. The more points you have, the better your chance. Some units take up to 6 YEARS + ( 6 pref points) to draw for a trophy unit.

Sounds like CO has a well run and honest system.

Oklahoma is alleged to have a "point system" for public land elk draws.   But you can't find out  how many points you have accumulated.  i've entered the drawings for over 15 years and drawn nothing.  But the politically connected get their  draws the first time.

falcon said:
Sounds like CO has a well run and honest system.

Oklahoma is alleged to have a "point system" for public land elk draws.   But you can't find out  how many points you have accumulated.  i've entered the drawings for over 15 years and drawn nothing.  But the politically connected get their  draws the first time.

Kind of like that here in Missouri. Some get drawn every year and some never get drawn for Managed hunts.

Elk are too Big and I no longer have Horses. Use to go Elk hunting every year in Colorado but Yuppies changed everything.

oneshot

FrontierGander said:
Its all done by draw in colorado. If you dont draw a tag in the lottery, you get a preference point which basically gives you a slight advantage. The more points you have, the better your chance. Some units take up to 6 YEARS + ( 6 pref points) to draw for a trophy unit.
 Some units take over 20 points to draw.

Bear Claw said:
FrontierGander said:
 Some units take over 20 points to draw.
I use to live in the old "T" area, now Area 20, surrounds Estes Park, a Trophy Area. Stamped on your permit was this [Please cover your orange clothing when going through Estes Park CO - locals do not like hunting]. Every once in a while you would read in the paper where a hunter had issues with some of the tree huggers. The easiest way to the area you wanted to hunt was driving around the town. 

These same locals that would cry about hunting, then yell when the deer and elk ate their flowers - can't win.  :shock:  :lol:

Congrats!  How exciting!  Which muzzleloader do you plan on carrying?

Joe, I am taking my traditions st.louis hawken kit gun I built some months ago. I've been testing different powders and loads and will figure out which one i'll use as the hunt nears.

Latest posts

Back