HOLY WHITE!

Modern Muzzleloading Forum

Help Support Modern Muzzleloading Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Buglemintoday said:
Super 91 said:
You will have to check as the 495 might not be CO legal but I'm sure the 460 grainers are okay.

Colorado did away with the 2x diameter thing for length in January. Hello 600grainers :lol:

Where do yall buy Swiss? Online or local? I've heard great things about it but I've never seen a can in person before.

Bout time! I never did see the "logic" behind that restriction. I have a 660 grainer that just rolls along oh-so-accurately. Cool!

Busta said:
Super 91 said:
70-75 grains of 777 in ffg worked the best in my .504s. Same load in Swiss if you want to go with real black. Pyrodex P is better in the .451's but will shoot okay in the .504's. I got my best groups with 90 grains of P.

Get some NoExcuse bullets in 495 grains. Best bullet for the $ you can put in that beast. You will have to check as the 495 might not be CO legal but I'm sure the 460 grainers are okay.

Have not shot any pinnacle so I don't know how it would do in the 91's.

Hey Bob, long time no see! Like Bugle said, Colorado did away with the bullet length restriction this January.

Here is the draft, with the changes in red. Struck through words were removed from the final regs. I like this one better than the final, because you can see all the changes, and don't have to rely on memory. :lol:

http://wildlife.state.co.us/NR/rdonlyre ... proved.pdf

Hey Busta, been a while. Just been really busy lately. Thanks for the link. Glad CO finally got past that one.

Keep that lead flying!

Latest posts

Back