HOME DEFENSE HANDGUN

Modern Muzzleloading Forum

Help Support Modern Muzzleloading Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

drummy1

Reaction score
Looking to buy a hand gun for home security. I have a 44mag but looking for something maybe smaller in a simi. I have thought about a Beretta 92. Any suggestion or thoughts?

Thanks

Ray please chime in here

HOME DEFENSE HANDGUN

Guys why the 26, Pros and cons. Is 9 mm what I want? Sure seems like a great choice but Im dumb on hand guns. I think the price on the Glock is better then the Beretta but what else?
Prob a one time buy and I want to be sure.

Thanks for your help and thoughts

Small, light, standard magazine capcity is 10 but you can interchange mags with a Glock 19 and put exenteded ones in if you want. They are stupid proof as there is no safety to click on and off something you don't need in a home defense situation (this gets a lot of debate). I have done a lot of research and if I was to buy a defense gun that was small this would be it for me. If you have the chance to handle one at the store I would, also the Gen 4's have different backstraps you can switch to fit your hands giving you the grip you like.

HOME DEFENSE HANDGUN

chaded said:
Small, light, standard magazine capcity is 10 but you can interchange mags with a Glock 19 and put exenteded ones in if you want. They are stupid proof as there is no safety to click on and off something you don't need in a home defense situation (this gets a lot of debate). I have done a lot of research and if I was to buy a defense gun that was small this would be it for me. If you have the chance to handle one at the store I would, also the Gen 4's have different backstraps you can switch to fit your hands giving you the grip you like.
chaded Thanks for the info. Your opinion is valued

Get something that shoot the .45ACP. Slabsides and his offspring always was and always will a winner !

HOME DEFENSE HANDGUN

Spitfire said:
Get something that shoot the .45ACP. Slabsides and his offspring always was and always will a winner !
1911 was indeed a great year for guns. This may be in the top 10 for me.
Thanks

Have you checked out the Springfield XD-S?? Small lightweight .45 cal single stack.

I haven't got my hands on one yet but would like to. That's just another option if you are looking for a small semi in .45 cal. I can't imagine the 9mm not stopping a bad guy. The reason for me personally wanting a 9mm is the fact that ammo is cheaper which means I get out to the range more and getting more practice with my gun. Then I can buy some premium defense ammo that the gun likes and keep the gun loaded with that. Also, from talking with some people the .40 cal can be "snappier" which seems to bother some but not others.

:D
Drummy,
At work I carry a GLOCK 23 which is a 40 cal with a 13 round mag. If I were to buy a weapon for the house I would buy a model 17 which is a 9mm with a 17 round mag. If you have a large hand you'll like this grip. I wish that this was my duty gun because of the 17 round mag and the larger grip. IMHO :!:

Ray........ ;)

Good luck in picking one..........

I would go with 9mm or bigger, not a big fan of the smaller calibers. I have a Smith & Wesson M&P compact 40 S&W and I really like it. Glocks,Rugers, XD's,Beretta,Smith&Wesson, they are all good. Go with what fits/feels best in your hand.

GlocRugersXD's,Smith&Wesson,Berettas

HOME DEFENSE HANDGUN

Will all parts from earlier Glocks fit on the 17 Gen 4 ?

The wife has a .380 Sig that she has for at home when I'm goon, but there is nothing that compaires to the sound of an 870 chambering a round. :D

may have a s&w .40cal for you, i will have to check first and get a price.

Them plastic guns were not made to last......And a 9mm won't stop someone unless you place your shots with surgical precision !

Back