How I choose To Live Out My Life

Modern Muzzleloading Forum

Help Support Modern Muzzleloading Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Bear Claw said:
Hey! Don't be ragging on my girl.   :Bat:
sq.jpg
sqw.jpg
images.jpg
She looks like her Daddy.
:clown:    :D    :shock:​

:lol: my daughters father. I had to stop and think about that. DOH!

Smokin' Joe said:
Pete, this could be you after a week in them mountains, hiding from "Big Foot"   :twisted:
Mike could show Pete the ropes for living with his new found he girl. Maybe Mike could get the producers to put them on the program, WOW Pete and his girl in one of the series.  :confused:

He could be famous (not only in his own mind) but to all of us too. Hell, he would be as good or better than that guy in Grand Junction that had an affair and got raped (newspaper article). 

We could brag we know him ....  :bow:    :slaps:

ahahaha! Dodge.. I wonder if that show is going to come back on again?

FrontierGander said:
ahahaha! Dodge.. I wonder if that show is going to come back on again?
You know it will if they have Pete and his new girl on the first part of the programming, that's a shoe-in.....  Maybe line up the rape victim from Grd. Jct. to talk about his experiences with a girl squash.

sqw.jpg
Look at the gleam in his eye, look what you'll have in store for you Pete....  When you talk you'll sound hollow, never mind that would be if your girl turned out to be a boy.   :Hide:   :Shh:​

man what are some of these guys on drug wise? I had a neighbor that seriously that the satellites in the sky at night were space Aliens flying around watching us...... :suspect: .....Politely excuse yourself and leave a situation like that...

FrontierGander said:
man what are some of these guys on drug wise? I had a neighbor that seriously that the satellites in the sky at night were space Aliens flying around watching us...... :suspect: .....Politely excuse yourself and leave a  situation like that...
They make their mother proud ..... :face:   :roll:   :slaps:

I have to give Pete credit. It takes courage to live a lifestyle out of the mainstream. You have to be thick-skinned to take the questions and stares and deal with people talking about you behind your back.
I wish you the best on your endeavor. It would be great if you could find your way to a computer and give occasional updates on your experience.
I lived for a short time during a Winter in a remote cabin in West Virginia. We (a few friends and I) had oil lamps, an outhouse, wood burning stove and wood heating, and an enclosed artesian well for water. However, we brought our own food and picked up odds and ends at a country store during the stay. It was fun, but I was very happy to get back to my modern life.
Ron

The biggest problems will be your age and your health issues not counting being off the grid contacting help if needed. One friend keeps his cell phone charged with a small solar panel, other than that he's without creature comforts that we enjoy.

Once a month both friends go to town for basic supplies (wiping your butt on leaves works for a long weekend but not for weeks or a month at a time). While in town both have free email accounts through the usual services that we use (they are members of the local library giving them free access to a computer to keep everyone informed of what they are doing).  Plus one as access to a YMCA to get cleaned up and ready for the upcoming month of activities in the wild.

The longest I have been out in recent years was a 28 days on a canoe trip (no Support team). All done in 1805 clothing, equipage and correct food. This trip was a bet that the five us couldn't/wouldn't try to go from Ft. Morgan CO. to Ft. deChartre IL. using the Platt, Missouri and Mississippi rivers for our course. Locals would come out to wish us well as word spread we're doing this adventure.  Very hard at first, worked harder paddling than I have ever worked doing anything. The last week was a cake walk after paddling 1260 miles one way in the period of time. Like you say Ron is was good to get home. Then wonder what if we just kept going down the Mississippi to the ocean !!!!

"The biggest problems will be your age and your health issues not counting being off the grid contacting help if needed. One friend keeps his cell phone charged with a small solar panel, other than that he's without creature comforts that we enjoy."

Yep! I just slipped and fell down the stairs on Wednesday and bruised my kidney and cracked a rib. I could have dislocated a disc or broken something serious. Not having medical treatment close in case of an emergency is a dangerous thing for old farts.

Our minds think we are still 35 but the mirror tells the awful truth.

Besides, Pete is so changeable that he'll be back ragging everybody in a month or so. ;)

Camping out means everything is "manual" labor.   Age and health concerns become a major factor regardless of having the skill and know-how.

I hope you recover soon Pato!

Becafeful and listen to the Mrs. she'll get you through this period of healing bud.

Back