How many here DON’T watch the Super Bowl?

Modern Muzzleloading Forum

Help Support Modern Muzzleloading Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Who doesnt watch the Super Bowl?

• The what bowl? I’ve got a cereal bowl

Votes: 14 41.2%
  • Go Eagles!

Votes: 3 8.8%
  • Go Chiefs!

Votes: 6 17.6%
  • Go shooting!

Votes: 6 17.6%
  • Only watch for “wardrobe malfunctions”.

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • I only want to see the commercials, and eat too much.

Votes: 8 23.5%
  • Day Drinking!

Votes: 0 0.0%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
We'll have it on but I have tackle to make and won't spend a bunch of time actually watching the game.

I should add that the half time crap is just that. They haven't had any decent entertainment at the half in years. Actually, the half times in the last ten years have been disgraceful. Put Alabama on that stage...or the Stones.

While we're talking about the Super Bowl, it would be nice to have someone do the National Anthem and not butcher it with some garbage ghetto lingo and screeching. I'd give anything to see a high school choir do the anthem in a tradition way.

Last edited:
never watched any sports, maybe golf once in a blue moon only because I tried to play..ill stick with miniature golf..lol..but if I did, once sports went woke and political, I would not watch or go to another game and thats only if I did in the first place..I never could see what the draw was to watch a bunch of over paid people playing games...but to each their own...
I rather go out and do..anything outdoors is good..

I learned to ignore people and accept their beliefs at an early age.
I went to an all white elementary school in the sixties. We had one girl whose religion told her to stay seated while the rest of us stood and Pledged Allegiance. And she was treated like an outcast. But she was not ill treated either. Water of a duck's back if you will.

While I think the kneeling is an abomination, I love watching the game. I'm not going to let some goofball take away my enjoyment of what I like to do.

But I can certainly see others going in the other direction. No big deal to me. I try to keep my boat in the middle of the river.

Football has always been my favorite sport. Personally I always liked college more than the NFL, but pretty much would spend the entire weekend watching both. When the kneeling started in the NFL, I made my own statement and stopped watching it and supporting them. Probably the game that did it for me was a Steelers game. They had a lineman who was an Army Ranger and served in Afghanistan. Most likely lost some fellow soldiers and friends. National Anthem plays and he's the only one out there on the sideline, with the rest of the team and coaching staff staying in the locker room. Personally I can't stand the hypocrisy from these dirtbags, and may have said something to the effect of "I hope he quits right now and the team plane crashes and burns!" Certainly not a healthy way to react, but the end result is I don't watch the games much anymore and get worked up.

I guess they did me a favor. No matter who was playing, I always picked a team I wanted to win. You'd think I was a lifelong fan of the team the way I'd act. If it was a night game, I could barely sleep afterwards. I don't have that problem anymore

I'll occasionally watch a game, but certainly not the way I used to. More to watch the games with my sons. And honestly, I don't have an issue with people with differing views, but I also feel there's a time and place for it. Most of the time we need an outlet that is neutral so we can just enjoy ourselves and not have to listen to it 24/7. Sports used to be that outlet for me, but apparently not anymore. Thank God for old TV shows!

My old mans Masonic Lodge had a Super Bowl Party and Euchre Tournament. I was too busy playing euchre to try and understand football and never played or watched it.
We come from a long line of euchre players. Tournaments on week ends, fishing, and hunting trips were always made time at night for cards. Now most of the players have passed on and the young ones do not even know the game.. very fond memeries

Back