How Many Muzzleloaders Are Also Archers?

Discussion in 'Bowhunting' started by NickJ1980, Jan 14, 2009.

1. Jan 14, 2019 #121

AH64guy

AH64guy

AH64guy

Primarily archery, and have my own in-line, percussion and flint. Season in VA favors archery, and I spend most of the season with a bow.

I support a Wounded Warrior hunt every year with muzzleloaders, shooting supplies, and safety equipment - that keeps me busy with equipment and shooting.

treepotato likes this.
  2. Jan 14, 2019 #122

Plano_Rooster

Plano_Rooster

Plano_Rooster

20190114_133252.jpg First started as a bow hunter in the late 60's with a re curve then petty absent between late 70's to mid 80's returned with a compound bow and shotgun slug gun. With two bad shoulders resulted in 2001' switching from bow to a crossbow and continued adding a muzzle loader in 2017. I take full advantage of the bow season in early rut and pass on the doe's entirely. My state deer hunting limits usage to bow, x bow, shotgun slug, muzzle loader, and center fire pistol, cartridge has a limited maximum brass length. I use my Muzzle loader mainly target and optional second buck hunting.

3. Jan 15, 2019 #123

PaLuke

PaLuke

PaLuke

I primarily hunt archery. I got a flintlock thinking it would extend my hunting range by 30 yards. I was wrong. I need lots of practice to get over my flinch. It will take some time but I’ll get there. Good hunting to all.

4. Jan 15, 2019 #124

ported45

ported45

ported45

VERY much enjoy archery hunting! But, alas, I use whatever weapon that is legal at the time: bow, rifle, muzzleloader, handgun,...

Seems I just enjoy hunting more than just with a specific weapon.

5. Feb 9, 2019 #125

Swamp Donkey

Swamp Donkey

Swamp Donkey

I do most of my damage with archery gear, but my T/C Omega X7 gets plenty of exercise once the weather gets really cold!

6. Feb 9, 2019 #126

jlynch75

jlynch75

jlynch75

Because of bad shoulder I cannot use my compound anymore, I still get out with my recurve before MZ season starts.

7. Feb 9, 2019 #127

LFM

LFM

LFM

Been a Bowhunter longer than I have used / own my 2 ML's. Only hunted with 1 of the 2 ML twice years ago. But I do get out with my (1997) Oneida Lite Force Magnum. every year... and where my User Name Comes from LFM... Been a Bow Hunter / Archer for 35 plus years now! ML User Owner maybe 15 years.
    LFM

8. Feb 10, 2019 #128

Jerzee Hillbilly

Jerzee Hillbilly

Jerzee Hillbilly

Been a bowhunter a LOT longer then a muzzleloader hunter. I started back in '71 with a recurve then a longbow then compound and now a crossbow due to shoulder issues. Still shoot a lighter longbow for stump shooting and bowfishing. I built traditional Caplocks and flintlocks for a few years finally switching over to inlines. Its all good

9. Feb 10, 2019 #129

Dennis Stankovitz

Dennis Stankovitz

Dennis Stankovitz

I do both. Makes for close to 6 months of hunting. Two long seasons for me. Split like 3 months of archery and 21/2 months of black powder