Howdy from MN

Modern Muzzleloading Forum

Help Support Modern Muzzleloading Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Brander

Reaction score
Howdy Modern Muzzleloaders!

I just wanted want to say hey, and introduce myself. I'm Brander and moved a year ago from Oregon to Minnesota. I haven't done much with MLs but there is a ML deer season here so I have become a ML hunter.

I've been searching the internet for information for months; not sure why it took me this long to join this site as most the Google searches I do point me here anyway.

As ML is a new frontier for me, I'm excited to learn all I can. I've had some struggles getting the consistency and accuracy that I deem acceptable so I am still at the bottom of the learning curve.

This weekended will find me out again, searching for consistency, with my Traditions Vortek strikerfire, some BH209 and a couple different Barnes bullets.

Thanks for adding me to forum.

Brander

Its great to have you here. I have never shot your rifle, so I can't really help you for a good bullet. But if I had to "GUESS" I would get some 250 grain Shockwaves in the supplied black sabots, or some 260 grain Hornady PT Gold, and load 90 grains of loose BlackHorn and try that. The reason I mention them is, I have an Optima and that is some of the loads it likes. It also likes 200 grain .40 caliber Shockwaves and 90 grains of powder. Both are Spanish made rifles, and kind of similar. Just a guess mind you. Welcome to the forum and keep us posted.

Welcome from a fellow Minnesotan! You came to the right place for help. If you haven't already I'd suggest reading the stickies in the new to muzzloading section, it will shorten your learning curve.
Where abouts in MN are you from?

03mossy said:
Welcome from a fellow Minnesotan! You came to the right place for help. If you haven't already I'd suggest reading the stickies in the new to muzzloading section, it will shorten your learning curve.

I'm living on the border of Rice and Dakota Co.'s but hunting over in Sibley Co. How 'bout you?

Brander said:
03mossy said:

I'm living on the border of Rice and Dakota Co.'s but hunting over in Sibley Co. How 'bout you?

NW Metro, Wright county. Hunt opening weekend in sw MN in Jackson county and north of Cloquet in St. Louis county the rest of the time.

Hope we have snow by the time ML season rolls around! This rain is getting old.

Hi from Victoria. I only get to hunt one weekend of ML season due to family/work constraints. I hunt a buddy's property near Barnum.

Emrah

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Back